• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Class kick

It sure is frustrating when you've got people using Machine Guns, and firing constantly until the barrel is out - I would love to be able to take that MG from them. But more often than not these people are new, so you just need to explain it to them.

Plus, this would create sniper ghosting in kick form really, you know how you always see at least three rifleman 'supporting' the sniper? In reality of course waiting for him to die to snatch his fancy scoped rifle, well it'd be the same, I imagine pretty much anyone taking a class that's popular, would be kicked by the masses who'd all in turn try to jump into the slot as fast as possible.

The idea is good though, but I don't think it'd go so smooth, something like that will end up getting abused ^_^

Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0
Hi RO people, how are you?
I'm fine thanks for asking.

How would you guys like a "class kick" system.
We've all been at some point trough a game in the first RO where there was this/those guy(s) who was/were holding tight to the Sniper ot Tankcrewman class even though he/they clearly didn't know how to use it.

So how about implementing some sort of "class kick" that would work kinda like the mutiny system.
You know, a sort of votekick that wouldn't kick the player from the server but just from the class he's holding on to.

I also don't like the idea, which has floated around from time to time since the mod days.

Someone might suck with a certain class, but they'll never learn how to use it properly if people keep kicking them out of that class for somoene who thinks they know better.

I prefer the first come, first serve system as it is. It's fair..... fair that you can't just buy the game late, come onto a server and end up always being stuck as a rifleman because all the higher ranking players take the class or vote kick you out and take it.

You'll never get experience with a class if you never get a chance to use it. You'll never get experience if you're kicked out of the class the moment you make one or two mistakes.

And as others said, that kind of kick system would be abused easily, especially when you have clan buddies or some friends who can team up on you and boot you out simply because they want their clan buddy to have that class over you..... regardless of how bad or good you or they are with that class.

I usually look for a couple of clan servers to put on my favoriteslist where they play nice.
And when I get the feeling someone is hogging the class I want to play, I just ask politely if I can use it for a bit.

Never had a problem on my favorite servers.
Hell, you might even get access to their voiceserver (TS3/Mumble).

What I do is between spawns, I check to see if the class or some other class became free, and it's pretty rare someone hogs a class the entire round, or every single round..... and since there is usually 2-4 slots for one class, it's even more rare for both or more players to hog the entire round. I almost always get a chance to play the class I want, so long as I keep an eye out each spawn.

Also, when I switch to another class, I say to my team that a certain class is now free, so that our team doesn't go too long without that class being used.

I was like

"Class kick...sounds like a good idea"

then I was like

"Oh wait...then you would have 31 people trying to kick you because you have the sniper even though your the best sniper around in the whole universe and winning the game for everyone doing triple star back flips over tanks and throwing grenades into peoples mouths legitimately like a true hero from a movie"

-

Example. MAG for PS3. People will always try to kick the squad leader/platoon leader from the game so they can have the artillery strike and rack up more kills.

The other problem that would occur is having a few turds vote kick so they get a chance to play the class, and when someone takes that class before they do, they call another vote kick.... and another and another..... then when they get the class, someone else calls a vote kick to try and take the class.

I've seen it happen in other games like people trying to kick the Commander in BF2..... they keep spamming the vote kick the entire round until they get to be commander, regardless if the original commander was booted.

It wastes everybody else's time having to take the vote off their screen and that idiot would do the rest of the team a world of good if they stopped focusing on vote kicks and focused more on actually playing the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrralphster
Upvote 0
I see what you're getting at - I think we've all experienced incompetent people hogging certain roles. It can be annoying, but it's also how you learn.
But I feel this system is too abusable, I can almost guarantee that 99% of the people using it wants the class themselfs. The rest of the players on the server will just ignore it.

I generally don't even focus on what other team mates are doing with their class as I'm too busy focusing on what I'm doing.... I generally don't see their scores until the end of the roud.

I usually can get into one or two special classes each round, but sometimes I am stuck with only the rifleman to choose from.... and most times that's fine and I'll play that class until the end of the round (or keep an eye out each spawn to see if something better comes along)...... if I have a desire to play a specific class and don't get the chance, I'll just go to another server where it's available.

There will be plenty to choose from, I am sure.

Upvote 0
Someone might suck with a certain class, but they'll never learn how to use it properly if people keep kicking them out of that class for somoene who thinks they know better.

Well if this fellow is right:
It has been confirmed in a video that if you do very well (lots of kill streaks etc) you get a battlefield "promotion" type thing and can choose to be sniper/assault guy or whatever.
IRL it is how it really worked, you had to be one of the very best riflemen to become a sniper.
I hope he's actually right and the game will work that way, (I also hope you can turn the promotion down, I like being rifleman better)

I prefer the first come, first serve system as it is. It's fair..... fair that you can't just buy the game late, come onto a server and end up always being stuck as a rifleman because all the higher ranking players take the class or vote kick you out and take it.

And as others said, that kind of kick system would be abused easily, especially when you have clan buddies or some friends who can team up on you and boot you out simply because they want their clan buddy to have that class over you..... regardless of how bad or good you or they are with that class.

Also, when I switch to another class, I say to my team that a certain class is now free, so that our team doesn't go too long without that class being used.

The other problem that would occur is having a few turds vote kick so they get a chance to play the class, and when someone takes that class before they do, they call another vote kick.... and another and another..... then when they get the class, someone else calls a vote kick to try and take the class.

I've seen it happen in other games like people trying to kick the Commander in BF2..... they keep spamming the vote kick the entire round until they get to be commander, regardless if the original commander was booted.

It wastes everybody else's time having to take the vote off their screen and that idiot would do the rest of the team a world of good if they stopped focusing on vote kicks and focused more on actually playing the game.

You got a point, (in fact you got several points:D)

I generally don't even focus on what other team mates are doing with their class as I'm too busy focusing on what I'm doing.... I generally don't see their scores until the end of the roud.

Yeah, but what I meant is, sometimes you have no other choice but to check what the hell are your MG/Snipers/tankers doing, when you're pinned down for instance, or when an enemy MG is turning the game into a meatgrinder*, your teamates getting constantly killed by the same guy. Then you HAVE to ask yourself and often type "What the Hell are our snipers doing??!!"

(*Even though there nothing I love most as rifleman than taking down an enemy MG owning my team)

Praxius:

Indeed, telling others that, for instance, the MG is free or the commander class is free is common sense (if you want your team to win).

Good to see there is common sense left in this world.

That, is right, the best thing is to kindly ask someone if they can either do the job: "*nickname*, can you take down enemy sniper *position*?", or just leave the slot to someone who can.
That is the best thing, no argument here at all, but the game becoming more and more popular, sometimes all you get as an answer is "STFU Nub".

Last edited:
Upvote 0