• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

for infantries in the moving vehicle

Blues07

Aug 6, 2011
For infantry soldiers inside moving convoy,
i hope they can see outside by standing up or heads up

In RO1, it was a bit boring just sitting inside the car and wating.

if we can look outside in the car, we could warn enemy contact to the drivers

if we can shoot while we're looking outside, it would be awesome too.
accuracy must be pretty bad, of course..

and just wondering..
does weather effect changes on foot / Vehicle movement speed?

i mean when its raining, and if i'm driving, does road feel slippery?
Like ppl slip on snow.

I've been expecting RO2HS so much.
thats why i'm trying to suggest an idea with bad english :/
i love u tripwire.:IS2::IS2::IS2:

Infantry outside view in armored cars

Infantry outside view in armored cars

In RO1, It was just boring - just sitting in the car and waiting(For Instant death)

If we can stand up (or heads up) in moving car(if there's no Top)
and look outside. it would be far better than sitting and waiting.
also we can warn enemy contacts to driver to save our lives.

hoping I can shoot outside when i'm standing up in the car.
accuracy must be very bad of course. but i'll be fun. like car chasing in the movie scene.

+ Mic effect suggestion.
Hope we can have radiotic mic sound effect. which can be turn off in option menu.

buzzing sound. you know. in the documentaries or movies.
realistic Radio sound.
check this
‪German Wehrmacht WWII Military Radio Torn.E.b is Operational‬‏ - YouTube

thx for reading. cya!

Upvote 0
It'd be nice, just push a button and the sides could act as cover does.

I'm more curious as to how they will implement entry/exit from infantry vehicles. Hopefully it won't be instant.

Yeh. What I'm hoping is whatever seat you are in you just jump over the nearest edge. All climbing out of the back of a halftrack would be way too complicated.

Upvote 0
I want to be able to 'turn out' of a halftrack passenger seat to aim shots, blind fire my MP-40 over the armored plate and determine if I will be exiting the rear or the sides based on my posture when hitting the eject key. And of course, the 251 should be rattling like crazy when I try to aim. However if it is tactically useful to ride right over the Russian trenches, you bet I'll be dumping magazines off the side. Really, it would add something no other game represents. Almost every APC designed allows the infantry to fire out of it in some fashion, yet games never model this. I'd really like to see it done. And I'd also like those pistol ports for German and Russian tanks to be useful too, while we're on that subject.

Upvote 0
Wesrideu has a good idea I think, if you are 'turned out' for firing or viewing the guys should bail out over the side, otherwise, they should climb out the back. Firing over the side should be possible, but I think ultimately will prove like in real-life not the ideal method, since you have one big target rather than 10 Infantry in cover.

Remember the Germans drove the Half-Track to the battle and fought dismounted.

Upvote 0
I think that SDKF are armored and armed for a good reason.. It is not just about leading the infantry near the battlefield, or you would just need simple trucks..
In an ambush, firing from a moving vehicule is not unrealistic.

At least, let us feel that we are something human in trucks and other vehicules, not just toys.

Upvote 0
yep

yep

I think that SDKF are armored and armed for a good reason.. It is not just about leading the infantry near the battlefield, or you would just need simple trucks..
In an ambush, firing from a moving vehicule is not unrealistic.

At least, let us feel that we are something human in trucks and other vehicules, not just toys.

Yeah i agree with you. but i mean its a game. and i think we need something more than just sitting inside and waiting to arrive.

how bout we jump over the side of car if we press the key when we're
looking over it? lol now i feeling like making an action movie:IS2:

Upvote 0
i like the idea to pop up and look around, but i don't think you should be able to shoot.
you don't want it to turn into GTA:stalingrad with sdkfz 251 drive-by's .

hahaha.
immediately reminds of of the narcotanks.

good point there.
just imagine like 8 guys sticking their guns out of a halftrack blazing away as it drives by. halftrack gunship

Upvote 0
hahaha.
immediately reminds of of the narcotanks.

good point there.
just imagine like 8 guys sticking their guns out of a halftrack blazing away as it drives by. halftrack gunship

Let me doubt it, when you have only 3 loaders, everybody is not going to shoot until there are no ammunitions left at all.

I acknowledge it is not really necessary in RO2, but remember that what is done in RO2, can be used in mods.
Even if we can doubt something like that really happened in Stalingrad, it may have happened on other places. And you must remind there are many mods planned aside from RO2.

Upvote 0