• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update+DLC Suggestion: Sweet madness neighborhood

Schommer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2011
Hey guys, I would like to share my idea for an KF update and Skin DLC.
I've been playing Killing Floor since the release and until now there is not one
playable female character or a tipical british family.
So here is my idea:
A new map (or new map pack) of a tradicional british neighborhood, with an opitional 1,99 USD Skin pack DLC featuring 4 new characters:

• -''The Grandpa

So you guys want female models that speak with the generic male voice? lol.

I think thats the main reason, only one voice for all the characters. With a female one, they will need to record all the lines again, and it seems TWI is kinda busy right now with RO2.

PD: Actually Gartley has a really good point there, besides voice you'll need new rig and new animation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IIRC,
You can't just throw a female skin onto the male rig, it'll look all kinds of odd.
Thus, you need a entire new set of animations to go with the new rig. Increasing the memory load (as unreal 2.5 loads all assets to active memory used or not) This has been known to cause problems when to much gets loaded.

This topic has come up quite regularly.

Reactions: TheAzathoth
Upvote 0
So... what is Tripwire sexist now? I've heard plenty of female players complaining that there aren't any female characters. Several have told me if they released an all female character pack, they'd buy it right away.

Something to do with technical restrictions, i.e. they'd have to completely remake the characters to get a female to look right, hire in a new voice actor + pay for the studio to record, redo every single weapon animation in 1st and 3rd person, stuff like that.

And to add all this in is a big active memory hit to Killing Floor.

Upvote 0
I really don't think the memory hit is really a great point to bring up... but that's me just considering that UT2004 had multiple alien races, which there were fighters of both genders in most of these alien races, and I'm pretty sure they had different anims based on race and gender.

I do buy the whole bit of it not being really worth the time and effort due to TWI being a bit of a smaller company that is also working on a much larger title. KF2 has a possibility of this though! Err... if KF2 actually comes to fruition. I hope so though.

Upvote 0
So you guys want female models that speak with the generic male voice? lol.

I think thats the main reason, only one voice for all the characters. With a female one, they will need to record all the lines again, and it seems TWI is kinda busy right now with RO2.

PD: Actually Gartley has a really good point there, besides voice you'll need new rig and new animation.

They finished RO2...
And I see no difficulty in having to record the lines in the voice of a single female

Reactions: TheAzathoth
Upvote 0