• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod Request] Darkest Hour for RO2

Faneca

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Portugal
Who would NOT love it? Even the guys at 4chan would love it.
Anyways, would YOU play it if it was made? I would.
Now, hype hype hype and hope some brave mod team does this.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
and US skin should be different for western front.....no:confused:???

this. I would expect the pacific uniform to be at least a little different from what was worn in europe due to the climate, and then there's the winter uniforms to consider. Wouldn't mind this time that I can more accurately pick out germans and not give a cap zone to the enemy because I accidentally shot the friendlies in a hallway one after the other :eek:

Upvote 0
western front mod will be easy

you need us skins and german skins

german skins [x] from RO2
us skins [x] from rs
us tank [] sherman still to do
p4 [x] from ro2

Surely you can't just take the US stuff from RS? RS is a mod so they will need permission which to be honest they shouldn't get. That's like making a mod that we know will be the most popular without even making something themselves. That kinda seems low to me.

Upvote 0
Surely you can't just take the US stuff from RS? RS is a mod so they will need permission which to be honest they shouldn't get. That's like making a mod that we know will be the most popular without even making something themselves. That kinda seems low to me.

As far as im still aware RS is an official addon not a mod - you will be paying for it.

Any mod that uses it's assets will require it to be installed ie. bought - which is the same payoff that makes any retail game happy to lend it's work - it gets the opportunity to make more sales on the success of it's mods.

what you wouldn't get permission for is to rip it's assets and use them in a separate running program - this would be just as illegal as using say battlefield 3 models in a mod running from HoS.
this is unless there is a special agreement between TWi and the RS team of course, say where all the content is strictly owned by TWi , with RS getting a sales commission, and said content open to modders to use in HoS mods, outside RS.
But i doubt the latter.

Upvote 0