• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Achivment on the RO:HOS Steam page

Upvote 0
Ro1 has achievements and its not a problem..
I just got back into the game. Last time I played there were no achievements.

But it is a wholly different thing for achievements to be introduced when the vast majority of players are old regulars than a new game with all new players.

I never liked achievements in other games. I can see why they are using them though... more people will theoretically find more gameplay value with the achievements. But at that point they are playing the game for the wrong reasons imo.

Upvote 0
I just got back into the game. Last time I played there were no achievements.

But it is a wholly different thing for achievements to be introduced when the vast majority of players are old regulars than a new game with all new players.

I never liked achievements in other games. I can see why they are using them though... more people will theoretically find more gameplay value with the achievements. But at that point they are playing the game for the wrong reasons imo.

You can disable the steam overlay or the popups and wola problem solved.. if you don't like em. The new game will obviously have more new people (at the beginning at least) than old regulars so i don't see anything wrong with it and as long as its optional its fine.

Upvote 0
You can disable the steam overlay or the popups and wola problem solved.. if you don't like em. The new game will obviously have more new people (at the beginning at least) than old regulars so i don't see anything wrong with it and as long as its optional its fine.
The point is there will be people thinking more about going commando on Danzig 24/7 than being a team player. And team play is the heart of RO.

This also ties in to unlocks and all that guff.

Upvote 0
Are You sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS - Check out the war crimes part. I'm surprised sigs like this one are not prohibited here.

Ok? I never said or stated that I am in agreement to what they did, I look at the positive side of them and push aside the bad reasons. Should I state the reasons for you? Not All Waffen SS troops where bad. In fact there where a couple of divisions of the Waffen SS. Your most likely thinking of the (SS-TV) ( SS-Totenkopfverb

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The point is there will be people thinking more about going commando on Danzig 24/7 than being a team player. And team play is the heart of RO.

This also ties in to unlocks and all that guff.

This is RO and if they attempt to go commando they'll turn into cannon fodder at least on the realistic servers, as for unlocks those can be turned off and tweaked. I don't see the point of worrying and if its really and issue just play with like minded on servers with your preferred settings.

Options is the key here, not enforcing stuff that would have the opposite effect.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are You sure?

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS[/URL] - Check out the war crimes part. I'm surprised sigs like this one are not prohibited here.

See this post before your gonna make up rules about clan-names
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53143

Certain SS tags are banned, as well as certain user names (Hitler, Stalin etc)
Yosh made it clear that if your tag is not on the banned list, but has represented a group that may have committed atrocities - said clan should outline this in their forums with historical accuracy. And also for all to keep in mind we are playing a realistic WW2 shooters. We can't simply censor everything because it's offensive - of course a line is drawn at the obviously offensive

But other than that welcome to WW2!

TL;DR
Check the link

Upvote 0
See this post before your gonna make up rules about clan-names
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53143[/URL]

Certain SS tags are banned, as well as certain user names (Hitler, Stalin etc)
Yosh made it clear that if your tag is not on the banned list, but has represented a group that may have committed atrocities - said clan should outline this in their forums with historical accuracy. And also for all to keep in mind we are playing a realistic WW2 shooters. We can't simply censor everything because it's offensive - of course a line is drawn at the obviously offensive

But other than that welcome to WW2!

TL;DR
Check the link

Really surprised the SS-VT is not on there. But hey lol what can you do :p

Upvote 0
Really surprised the SS-VT is not on there. But hey lol what can you do :p

Well, I'm sure if they were to come into being as a realism clan and stir up some negativity among the community it'd be added!

Personally I don't know a whole lot about the history and who did what so I just throw out the forum rules for others to interpret :p.. unless we're talking Canadians cause that's all I covered in school here ;P
That and my family tree

:IS2: :IS2:

Upvote 0
Believe me, I'm pretty much aware that we are on realism based ww2 game forums. I don't want to derail topic or go over the top on certain things. I also understand that forum has some rules, but even the most detailed set of rules can't cover every possible situation.

I really understand (and enjoy to watch) sigs with german/russian soldiers in action - reloading Kar98, maning MG42 etc etc I'm even not agains baned symbols like swastika, when they are used properly, like flag on Reichstag map, it just was there, why should we pretend it wasn't?

But there is a thin line, and when You cross it, things begins to look like something more then just historic fidelity. Signature with a graphic of bust of young aryan soldier with exposed "SS" symbol on his collar, looking like some kind of sick propaganda poster - "Join SS", is far beyound this thin line, at least in my opinion.

I don't want to go into politic or historic debates, but those who are not aware what we are talking about, should know that "SS" soldiers had specific tatoo in their armpit. After war ended lot of them removed this tatoo to be treated like regular German soldiers, but even that didn't saved some of them. In some parts of the world, when captured by some troops, soldiers with a scar/wound in "SS" tatoo spot where executed. And even sheer fact, that lots of "SS" wanted to hide their former affiliation, speak a voulmes.

Another disturbig fact is that after I pointed (in very polite way) that someones signature might be offending for someone, my post got several "minus button press". Even signature owner found it inappropriate and removed it. Another thing is that he stated that he did it because of someones whining. You judge if my initial post can be considered as whining.

Ok, end of this OT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Believe me, I'm pretty much aware that we are on realism based ww2 game forums. I don't want to derail topic or go over the top on certain things. I also understand that forum has some rules, but even the most detailed set of rules can't cover every possible situation.

I really understand (and enjoy to watch) sigs with german/russian soldiers in action - reloading Kar98, maning MG42 etc etc I'm even not agains baned symbols like swastika, when they are used properly, like flag on Reichstag map, it just was there, why should we pretend it wasn't?

But there is a thin line, and when You cross it, things begins to look like something more then just historic fidelity. Signature with a graphic of bust of young aryan soldier with exposed "SS" symbol on his collar, looking like some kind of sick propaganda poster - "Join SS", is far beyound this thin line, at least in my opinion.

I don't want to go into politic or historic debates, but those who are not aware what we are talking about, should know that "SS" soldiers had specific tatoo in their armpit. After war ended lot of them removed this tatoo to be treated like regular German soldier, but even that didn't saved some of them. In some parts of the world, when captured by some troops, soldiers with a scar/wound in "SS" tatoo spot where executed. And even sheer fact, that lots of "SS" wanted to hide their former affiliation, speak a voulmes.

Another disturbig fact is that after I pointed (in very polite way) that someones signature might be offending for someone, my post got several "minus button press". Even signature owner found it inappropriate and removed it. Another thing is that he stated that he did it because of someones whining. You judge if my initial post can be considered as whining.

Ok, end of this OT.
You should remember that generally too strict censorship is more bad than good.

Reactions: Kirq and Killyouall
Upvote 0