• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Servers with disabled unlocks and progress?

If I play on a server with disabled unlocks, do I still get progress? So I am not forced to play on specific servers just to unlock guns.
Well the way ranking systems work is in order to rank up you have to play on ranked servers. And seeing as all these unlocks are a part of the ranking system as a whole, you're going to have to play with them (like it or not) in order to rank up.

Regarding stats tracking -- that I'm not sure of. Who knows, you might still get stat tracking, even on non-ranked servers, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
It would be really weird if people could use their unlocked weapons on the unranked servers. Hopefully the classes are set up in a different way so selected items (set by server?) are allready unlocked for everyone, making it more like the old RO:O experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so if i run an unranked (custom) server that has no unlockable items in play, then will all the infantry soldiers not have their standard issue bayonets? a bayonetless server? :confused::rolleyes:

edit: yeah that's right....just go ahead and downrate me for asking a legitimate question. gtfo trolls

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you're not able to unlock new weapons on a server, you shouldn't be able to use your previously unlocked stuff either. ...
I think that is up to the server owner. You may choose to set up an own server or where you want to play, but if people want to play with unlocks on some unranked servers please let them.

so if i run an unranked (custom) server that has no unlockable items in play, then will all the infantry soldiers not have their standard issue bayonets? a bayonetless server? :confused::rolleyes:...
Apparently ^^. Although if I have udnerstood it correctly, and I hope I have, it will be possible to say like "rifleman lvl 1 is allowed on this server" which would hopefully allow every rifleman to have a bayo if they have unlocked it. I seriosuly hope that bayonet is the first unlock...

Upvote 0
so if i run an unranked (custom) server that has no unlockable items in play, then will all the infantry soldiers not have their standard issue bayonets? a bayonetless server? :confused::rolleyes:

I'd like TWI to comment on this myself. While I want the unlocks and whatnot gone, I still want the realistic loadouts. Which would include drums for the PPSH, bayonets and possibly other things.

Reactions: AntoxaGray
Upvote 0
I'd like TWI to comment on this myself. While I want the unlocks and whatnot gone, I still want the realistic loadouts. Which would include drums for the PPSH, bayonets and possibly other things.

Would be really nice to get an answer on this. I'm pretty sure you will be able to customize loadouts (based on class/map and not level) to your liking though.

Upvote 0
I was never ever convinced about the whole levelling and unlocking aspect from the beginning.
I think "progression" is stupid. It only promotes score-whoring playstyles, it puts people who don't spend as much time with the game at a total disadvantage (as if having less practice wasn't already enough) and it denies content from people. It's a bad trend in multiplayer gaming and it's totally contrary to what I (and I'm sure many other people) think is the Red Orchestra concept.
I'm really concerned that unranked servers, especially "realism" servers will not have the content that ranked servers have, meaning that stuff that really was standard issue, such as PPSh drum mags and bayonets will just be denied from people who prefer the more "authentic" playstyles.
I also hate the stuff such as getting weapon sway reductions and improved character performance. As I already said, you need to play the game for a while to unlock such stuff, so why give those who already have more actual experience a gameplay advantage too? It makes the game less accessible.
If the advantage gained through these skill points is substantial, it'll upset the balance of the game. If it is too minor to make a difference, why include it in the first place?

Last edited:
Reactions: GreeneKnight
Upvote 0
I share some of your thoughts on this TBH

But until a DEV or someone who's actually played the game comments on this we'll never know, they seem to have made many of these type things options, not sure how that will effect non ranked servers

Hope is doesn't mean they will have less weapons

I can understand why DEV's are not posting much at the mo - just seems to start flame wars

I hope one of them reasd this and see's it's a sensible discussion and adds info and that if they do others carry the discussion on in a sensible tone

Upvote 0
I for one are of the opinion that whatever TWI does, it will make sense and be for the general benefit, somehow. From what I've seen, they read our posts, they are dedicated to PC gaming and to make a good game. They wouldn't dare mess up by doing something CoD-y just for fun or to appeal to less hardcore gamers.

Upvote 0
I was never ever convinced about the whole levelling and unlocking aspect from the beginning.
I think "progression" is stupid. It only promotes score-whoring playstyles, it puts people who don't spend as much time with the game at a total disadvantage (as if having less practice wasn't already enough) and it denies content from people. It's a bad trend in multiplayer gaming and it's totally contrary to what I (and I'm sure many other people) think is the Red Orchestra concept.
I'm really concerned that unranked servers, especially "realism" servers will not have the content that ranked servers have, meaning that stuff that really was standard issue, such as PPSh drum mags and bayonets will just be denied from people who prefer the more "authentic" playstyles.
I also hate the stuff such as getting weapon sway reductions and improved character performance. As I already said, you need to play the game for a while to unlock such stuff, so why give those who already have more actual experience a gameplay advantage too? It makes the game less accessible.
If the advantage gained through these skill points is substantial, it'll upset the balance of the game. If it is too minor to make a difference, why include it in the first place?

^ This.
Don't you become better at handling barrel climb/spread as you play? Someone who plays a game all the time has an advantage over nubz already.

Upvote 0
I share some of your thoughts on this TBH

But until a DEV or someone who's actually played the game comments on this we'll never know, they seem to have made many of these type things options, not sure how that will effect non ranked servers

Hope is doesn't mean they will have less weapons

I can understand why DEV's are not posting much at the mo - just seems to start flame wars

I hope one of them reasd this and see's it's a sensible discussion and adds info and that if they do others carry the discussion on in a sensible tone

Dev's don't start flamewars, the doomsayers do ;P

Upvote 0