• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New DLC

TWI u guys rock, im glad to see that you are willing to "maybe" do some content after ur well.. not so busy, :) but, the fact u guys have an absolutley killer game with lots of potential content wise that your not just abondoning it and making only new games not even caring about old ones ie. lots of other companies that just stop caring

Upvote 0
A new gamemode is a must at some point. While new maps/skins/models or weapons are nice the excitement wears off in couple of days.

I would even pay for a new gamemode because it feels kinda wrong asking ANYTHING for free but then the problem of dividing the community would rise and we all know how TW feels about that. :(

A new specimen or two could really change things too, and would be easier to implement since there wont be any balance issues unless something screws up big time lol.

Upvote 0
A new gamemode is a must at some point. While new maps/skins/models or weapons are nice the excitement wears off in couple of days.

I would even pay for a new gamemode because it feels kinda wrong asking ANYTHING for free but then the problem of dividing the community would rise and we all know how TW feels about that. :(

A new specimen or two could really change things too, and would be easier to implement since there wont be any balance issues unless something screws up big time lol.

Meh, I'd love a new game mode but if it never comes I won't complain. I've gotten nearly 900 hours out of a $20 game, so even if Tripwire never thinks about KF ever again I'll still be more than satisfied with my purchase.

Upvote 0
A new game-mode really seems like a lot of work, with potential balance issues etc, and wouldn't really be something I would expect to happen. More of an idea for KF2, if that ever comes to pass.

A new weapon or two, or even a new specimen seems much more within the bounds of reality, although you still have to consider that these things take a huge amount of time to balance and implement, and don't make Tripwire a cent, so unless they do a U-turn and start charging for this kind of update (bad idea) it's not something I would ever really expect, especially given the age of the game.

The seasonal events are probably much more worth their time, they might still require a lot of effort but they clearly generate a lot of sales (combined with Steam sales/promotions), and the character packs add a bit of icing on the cake so they can earn a few pence from the long-time players too. But still, the game has been out a long time now, you really can't expect them to continue updating it forever, so I'd be perfectly happy if we never got an update again. I've certainly got my money's worth many times over.

There's an SDK of course, so there will always be a source of new content as long as modders are interested in the game. And you never know, if any mods get sufficiently polished and balanced and TWI find the time they could be given the official treatment.

Upvote 0
As always "Maybe". But any large content updates would come post RO 2 launch.

There are alot of things we would like to do still, but it comes down to time. We are still a small studio now torn between multiple projects.

It's really sad that you put all that effort in RO 2 instead of Killing Floor 2.
That decision will cost you financially too.

Upvote 0
It's really sad that you put all that effort in RO 2 instead of Killing Floor 2.
That decision will cost you financially too.

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. TWI was a mod team back in 2004 and 2005 and made the Red Orchestra mod for UT2004. They won a contest and won Unreal Engine 2.5 and Unreal Engine 3 licenses. They used Unreal Engine 2.5 to make Red Orchestra: Ostrfront 41-45, and now they are using Unreal Engine 3 to make Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. The game will cost 39.99$, it had a prequel, it's been waited for, for over 2 years, killing floor players are going to buy it, plus the advertisements, stop telling TWI how to manage their marketing and finance, you have no idea what your talking about kid. Red Orchestra 2 is going to make 3 times the amount Killing Floor and Red Orchestra has made combined, Killing Floor 2 hasn't even been announced, stop anticipating for something that doesn't even exist, its like waiting for a baby before you got the girl knocked up!

If you read my signature, I'm Person 1 and your Person 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks TWI for your work. KF has so much personality compared to the more "mainstream" games.

If you want to add something in the future, I think the more important is to add either:
- another ranged attack zed.
- something like the "brute", that breaks really strong camping formations.

More weapons could be a bonus (flare gun for firebug!), but there are enough of them. Maybe an update of the regular zeds skins, with a bit more detail.

Upvote 0