• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

House maps

When I level edit, I just love making a map of my house. Nothing is more thrilling than running around a simulated version of your own house with zombies chasing you around (unless it's not simulated :rolleyes:)

So, this thread, anyone made a map of their house? Is it difficult for you to find the dimensions and build it on the editor? Can you do it on hard/suicidal/hell on earth? Anyone have any kickass holding spots that theyve thought.. "mannn, if my house was a kf map, this would be the best hold" or "If i were to ever be in the zombie apocalypse: This is where i wanna be."

etc. etc. :) Discuss.

EDIT: ok, accidentally didn't realise i was in the ideas suggestion forum...mah bad. Any way i can move it to general forum?

Last edited:
I take it this is a suggestion for people to make maps of their houses? (jk)

Most suburban houses would be too small for people to make use of in KF gameplay. However, my house is a bit larger so... yeah. I'd make use of my backyard though... it's decently large for something in a city. Trader spots... well that'd be interesting considering there are a number of bedrooms and bathrooms large enough... somewhat.

I'd still just use the backyard for kiting and camping the Specs though.

Upvote 0
Yeah houses are generally too small for a decent map, but some people are lucky enough to have large houses and these would make for ok maps i guess. The main issue would be the ease of most holding postions, for example, if you had an upstairs area in your house, you could hold the stairs and make sure that there were a couple of people behind you to make sure that there would be no zeds spawning behind; a medic would be ideal for this.
;)
But yes, i have thoughts all the time about if their was a zombie apocalypse, what would I do with what my house has to offer :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
But I think my gf's cats would help. They're more ferocious than a enraged fleshpound :IS2:
LOL, theres an idea...a new perk: Vetenary. tier 1, cat. tier 2, dog. tier 3, manbearpig.

mmm, size is a problem, but i guess if you wanted you could exaggerate the size a little so you have room to run around and stuff.

Reactions: Dolphin Buff Man
Upvote 0
Lol, manbearpig, that would be great. Exagerated size makes the feeling really weird though, it doesnt feel right... Maybe if you got a lot of peoples houses together in one map so that way you could have a sign out the front of the house that says whose it is, and make a street of peoples houses. That is possibly a better option...

I just got a vision of a community created map, where anyone who wants to contribute can have their houses built into one map, on the same street.

We'd call it "Killing Floor Lane" <.< >.>

Reactions: BizzareBonfa
Upvote 0