• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Commando combo's

Superfly724

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2009
As a commando, we can't carry much equipment. I definitely prefer my Bullpup as a primary weapon. I've recently discovered a few good weapon combo's that work well as a Commando.

For the Berserker in all of us:
Dual 9mm pistols
Fire Axe
Bullpup

For the Commando who wants a little extra kick for the bugs:
1 9mm pistol
Dual Handies
Bullpup

The Bullpup is not the most devastating weapon. Here's my personal favorite combo. Helps when the Scrakes come around.

For the Commando at later waves:
1 9mm pistol
Shotgun
Bullpup

Of course, no matter what weapon I'm currently using, I always whip out the Bullpup when I see a Stalker. =D

Happy hunting!

For the Berserker in all of us:
Dual 9mm pistols
Fire Axe
Bullpup

Just remember the one important thing that 'Zerks have that we don't...

Grab Immunity. Might be tempting to charge a group of clots with that axe to save ammo, but if one grabs you, the rest will grab you...then you're in a world of trouble (That's when stalkers/crawlers tend to leap in or Gorefasts tend to wander over!)

A good combo that I found was actually:

9mm
Bullpup
Action Rifle

Use the rifle for the long range stuff (Like picking off crawlers you see running about), and the Bullpup for all the closer stuff, or stuff you need to take down rapidly (Stalkers, groups of crawlers, sirens). The 9mm is for emergencies, saving ammo on pests (Clots), and for the flashlight. Works well, but you won't be able to afford it until at least round 3 or so.

Upvote 0
I usually prefer a Bullpup, dual Handcannons, and dual Berettas when I'm not going for another perk's progress. The Bullpup packs a decent punch at any range, while the Handcannons afford me good stopping power at the extremes. If something gets too close and I need it dead now, I just pull out the twins and spray like a madman.

The dual Berettas are just there as an insurance policy so I'm not throwing rubber at the enemy when I have my flashlight out or if I hit the wrong button.

Upvote 0
A good combo that I found was actually:

9mm
Bullpup
Action Rifle

I like that.

I usually like to have:

1 9mm
Bullpup
AND ak47
why? just because for close range the ak47 wipes out beautifully and have a solid clip size. (reason for not using the scar instead)

as the final waves start to come, i just switch the bullpup or the ak47 for the m79

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally use only 3 loadouts, and they're all geared towards taking care of the little critters. It would be nice to be able to take care of bigger specimens, but that's ultimately not your job in the team. Your job's to kill the small guys so the supports and sharpshooters can concentrate on the big guys.

So I would never take Scar + Crossbow for instance. Especially on HoE, you will not have enough ammo for taking out everything and will have to resort to the regular pistol very quickly. On lower difficulties, it's not as bad of course, but then you can just take Scrakes out with just your assault rifles at that point.

Loadouts:

AK + SCAR + MP7

Great crowd control and the ability to fire off 2 healing shots during a lull in battle. My favorite loadout.

AK + SCAR + Katana

More useful on open maps I'd say since you can just use your katana on lone enemies to conserve ammo. On close quarter maps, you shouldn't need to conserve as much ammo since you'll probably have a support or two helping you take care of hallways. Also, specimens come quicker, so a clot might spawn behind you while you're using your katana.

AK/SCAR + M32

Preference whether you want the SCAR or AK. I prefer this loadout in certain situations, specifically situations where headshots are hard due to specimens jumping a lot or when you are able to fire on large crowds of enemies coming from below. Examples being foundry on the third floor or icebreaker at the usual location. You can shoot m32 on the crawlers on the ground floor or at the pipes where specimens come up often in foundry. You can also shoot the m32 on the large set of stairs you can overlook in icebreaker.

I don't like the bullpup very much. It takes too much to take off heads in HoE and is 6 weight.

Upvote 0
Pretty much AK/Scar/MP7 or Scar/M32

You can pretty safely solo 2 "6 man HoE FP's" as a Medic or Commando using the m32.

(Grenade + M32 shot to rage Grenade + another M32, then the last 4 grenades as they are raging/charging) M32 is easy to buy for either class by wave 3 if you start out as demo and sell your pipes/m79.

Really though you should be crowd clearing for other classes to take out the heavier specimens, but it does make for a good back up if people start dying.

Upvote 0