• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just Proned Out a Crackhead in my Back Yard

Sitting at the dining room table doing something on the computer, saw something move in the back yard. Dogs were sleeping at my feet, so I knew they weren't what I saw.

Ran and got the Beretta 92FS, looked out the bedroom sliding door, saw her looking in the other door, trying to get it open. She'd already tried the bedroom door, got the screen door off (it's a lift-and-pull kind), but I didn't notice this until afterwards. Slid the door open, advanced on her, safety off but finger off the trigger. Got her on her knees, hands folded on top of her head. Should have held her for the cops, but she was crying and terrified and asking if she could use my phone. Shouldn't have let her go, but I told her to get the f out of my yard, not to come back. Like an idiot, I didn't have my phone in my hand to call 911. Cops were boiling around on the street, arrested her in someone else's back yard 2 or 3 houses down. If I'd known they were already out there I would have just started yelling for them. *sigh* Hindsight, right?

She's the sister of someone that lives on my street, she broke into their house and started to beat her sister and mom, then ran when they called the cops. Guess she's getting charged with 1 or 2 counts of assault & battery, burglary, and attempted burglary for my house.

It's a really nice neighborhood, but once in a while there's some excitement here. Neighbors are all really good, in general.

Interesting story, and good thing you're making use of your Second Amendment rights. I think you did the right thing, though it might've been better if you'd call the cops right there and then. Lesson learned; always keep your phone on your person, right? :D Did you feel scared when you confronted her, by the way?

Reminds me of another story. Didn't one of the forum members once chase a burglar with his bayonetted Mosin?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting story, and good thing you're making use of your Second Amendment rights. I think you did the right thing, though it might've been better if you'd call the cops right there and then. Lesson learned; always keep your phone on your person, right? :D Did you feel scared when you confronted her, by the way?

Reminds me of another story. Didn't one of the forum members once chase a burglar with his bayonetted Mosin?

Yeah, that was also me.

That string of burglaries was why I moved. And yet ... here we go again. :p

So, yeah, moral of the story though is to keep the phone with you when investigating strange things in the house / backyard.

Wasn't scared - I could see she wasn't armed. Did have a lot of adrenaline going, though.

Upvote 0
129066768600666105.jpg

Upvote 0
I believe that no country here in South America allows their citizens to bear arms without making them pay a lot of money and go through a lot of bureaucracy :p

LOTS of bureaucracy. I always laugh when I see that episode in the simpsons where Homer goes to buy a gun.
Homer: "Sujeto peligroso??? :( "
Seller: "Significa que no puede tener m

Upvote 0