• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AK47 Classic?

The Algerian

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
Hi Everyone.

Does anyone else feels it would be nice to have the classic AK47 instead of the one you actually get ingame?

I mean this one:
300px-Rifle_AK-47.jpg

With those Iron Sights:
ak-47-sight.jpg

Instead of:
Killing-Floor-Foundry-Map.jpg

Why would you ever care about such a small detail? Come on people... be satisfied with what you get and stop complaining about the most ridiculous little things.

If they went ahead and changed the model (which they wont), the next thing you are going to complain about is the katana being couple inches too long compared to a real life version and how youd much prefer the shorter version?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, actual AK-47s are pretty rare, since they haven't been made in decades. Most AK-47s are copies, either of the original design, or more likely the AKM (AK Modernizirovanniy). The one in the game is the AKMS (Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy Skladnoy, or AK Modernized Folding). Personally, I like the look of the wooden furniture AK, with the solid wood buttstock and grip, but that would add to the weight and size compared to the shortened folding version. Also, while the AKM looks nicer than the shortened AKMS, it really isn't that big a deal in the game. The sights in the game also work just as well, so I don't see much of a point in changing it other to make it a bit cooler looking.

Upvote 0
Well, actual AK-47s are pretty rare, since they haven't been made in decades. Most AK-47s are copies, either of the original design, or more likely the AKM (AK Modernizirovanniy). The one in the game is the AKMS (Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy Skladnoy, or AK Modernized Folding). Personally, I like the look of the wooden furniture AK, with the solid wood buttstock and grip, but that would add to the weight and size compared to the shortened folding version. Also, while the AKM looks nicer than the shortened AKMS, it really isn't that big a deal in the game. The sights in the game also work just as well, so I don't see much of a point in changing it other to make it a bit cooler looking.

I was with you right up until AKMS. The AK in the game is not an AKMS, but rather a Draco carbine. If you look you'll notice that the folding skeleton stock is in a different shape, and that the barrel is much shorter than an AKMS (closer to an AKMSU)

Anyways I much prefer the current AK for two reasons. First, it provides some nice aesthetic diversity over the same uninspired "AK-47" model in EVERY SINGLE GODDAM FPS in the past 15 years. Second, an authentic AKM/AKMS weighs in at around 5-6 kilos WITHOUT ammo. The much smaller (and lighter) Draco makes its ingame weight much more plausible imho considering how it includes spare mags.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was with you right up until AKMS. The AK in the game is not an AKMS, but rather a Draco carbine. If you look you'll notice that the folding skeleton stock is in a different shape, and that the barrel is much shorter than an AKMS (closer to an AKMSU)
Ah, I think you're right. Didn't notice at first. I'm used to seeing the Draco as a pistol (due to US firearms laws meaning it can't have a stock if the barrel is a certain length, unless you pay for a tax stamp).

You do have a point about diversity. I like the solid wood furniture, but most other shooters on the market have that same look.

Upvote 0
Why would you ever care about such a small detail? Come on people... be satisfied with what you get and stop complaining about the most ridiculous little things.

If they went ahead and changed the model (which they wont), the next thing you are going to complain about is the katana being couple inches too long compared to a real life version and how youd much prefer the shorter version?

You are bad people for having your own opinion! Get out of these suggestion forums with your darned "suggestions". Sheesh!

People these days... Darn them all the heck! Suggesting things in the suggestion forums. How dare they right?

Upvote 0
You are bad people for having your own opinion! Get out of these suggestion forums with your darned "suggestions". Sheesh!

People these days... Darn them all the heck! Suggesting things in the suggestion forums. How dare they right?

If someone's looking for me, I'll be in my room, lashing myself to death for punishment.

Anyway, I'm not a weapon expert like all of you guys seem to be (no sarcasm intended), I just like the classic model.
But if you're all fine with the current one, I'm too, in the end it does'nt make such a big difference. :)

Upvote 0
If someone's looking for me, I'll be in my room, lashing myself to death for punishment.

Anyway, I'm not a weapon expert like all of you guys seem to be (no sarcasm intended), I just like the classic model.
But if you're all fine with the current one, I'm too, in the end it does'nt make such a big difference. :)

I could go for either model. They each have their own aesthetic properties i enjoy.

The one thing I can't stand about the current model, however, is that the buttstock remains folded and unused. It just bugs the crap out of me.

Upvote 0
I could go for either model. They each have their own aesthetic properties i enjoy.

The one thing I can't stand about the current model, however, is that the buttstock remains folded and unused. It just bugs the crap out of me.

2nd. That folded stock thing is a major pet peeve, especially considering how the ingame AK is supposed to be POWERFUL

Ah, I think you're right. Didn't notice at first. I'm used to seeing the Draco as a pistol (due to US firearms laws meaning it can't have a stock if the barrel is a certain length, unless you pay for a tax stamp).

You do have a point about diversity. I like the solid wood furniture, but most other shooters on the market have that same look.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
( Correct me if im wrong Candlejack)

So , in KF we have the AKS-47 a version of the original Avtomat Kalashinov 1947 , I suppose they are both chambered with the same calibre so , It would just be a model change?

Actually, we have a Romanian Draco Pistol; for reference the Draco pistol looks like this:

1_Romanian_AK_Draco_Pistol_25-1676-1.jpg

And you can tell by the magazine that it's chambered in 7.62x39mm.

And if you search hard enough, you'll find that i suggested we get an actual AK47.

But the more common AK-style weapon nowadays is the AKM47.

Reactions: Darkwave
Upvote 0