• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Always have an infantry transport at spawn

Motorcyckles aren't so unrealistic. I mean in most games if you put in a bike then it would totally f*ck up but if you have a little side seat like the ones used it would be perfect. At least what I think

but if the game will have halftracks other bigger transport vehicles that will be soo f*cking awesome. I miss that in many games

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be better to simply remove the heavy reliance on infantry transports and instead create better spawn systems or map flow.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!

indeed we do the simple fact is that there are either to little half tracks or to many. realism wise there needs to be only a couple of them. to make them effective for regular game play, you'd have to put alot of them. its a lose lose.

Upvote 0
The game should reward people getting others across using transport. This should encourage at least the teamwork part to get infantry from spawn to the battle.
This. I have been thinking about it, and this sounds good although hard to implement. Ofc, increasing the number of transports and decreasing respawn would be terrible. Infact, if they came in waves, or if they were like the MDVs in DH, then they would be better. You need a reason to take care of them - I'm sure they did in Stalingrad (as they did everywhere!). :)

Edit: well placed spawn points is a better idea though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think motorcycles would actually be such an awful idea, afterall the motorcycles of that time were no harley davidsons, as long as the motorcycle speed and acceleration would be low, it wouldn't be so awful to have a limited amount in large maps (The sort of motorcycle I'm thinking about would have a sidecart with an MG maybe, much like in Company of Heroes). Would be the axis version of Bren (universal) Carrier.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it's already been suggested, but implementing a tank-riding system of some sort - even if it's just a rudimentary one found in some RO custom maps, with just planks propped on sandbags around tanks that spawn which infantry can use to climb atop - would, at least in my opinion, solve the problem just as efficiently as creating a code that would somehow prevent solo halftracking and unrealistic amounts of HTs on the field at the same time. :)

Upvote 0
I don't think motorcycles would actually be such an awful idea, afterall the motorcycles of that time were no harley davidsons, as long as the motorcycle speed and acceleration would be low, it wouldn't be so awful to have a limited amount in large maps (The sort of motorcycle I'm thinking about would have a sidecart with an MG maybe, much like in Company of Heroes). Would be the axis version of Bren (universal) Carrier.

I wouldn't like to have motorcycles in the game, but...

WARNING!!!!Wiki material:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson

"Shipments to the Soviet Union under the Lend-Lease program numbered at least 30,000.[citation needed] The WLAs produced during all four years of war production generally have 1942 serial numbers. Production of the WLA stopped at the end of World War II, but was resumed from 1950 to 1952 for use in the Korean War."

Upvote 0
Would be cool for the Ai to drive in a small convoy of halftracks (Mechanised Inf), trucks (Standard Inf) and motorcycles (Officer in side car) which follow a set designated path to where ever the 1st spawn is on the map, then the troops automatically disembark.

What do you think?

Sturm

I think yours is an excellent idea, best in the thread. I however had a slightly different concept. Transports are a.i. driven and shuttle between the spawn zone and the cap zones where all the action is. The waypoints do not allow then to drive too deep into the action but the players inside can specify a suitable drop off point. So once a group of players dismounts, the transport turns back automatically and drives to the base to pick up the next lot of reinforcements. The devs can add many dynamics into this like degree of control by the player, how deep into the action the transport can stray (so restrictions to prevent casualties) etc

Last edited:
Upvote 0