• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cutscenes and RO2

Faneca

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Portugal
Are cutscenes being made for the SP/MP?
It would be epic to have cutscenes that showed the brutality of the Battle of Stalingrad.

Here is an example :
YouTube - ‪Atonement - Dunkirk Scene (Tracking Shot)‬‏

From the movie "Atonement", wich I saw 2 days ago. This scenes shows what the Nazis did to the British Army. Stranded on a beach before evacuation, they use the "Scorched Earth" policy to prevent the Nazis from using captured equipment.
02:00 and forward ilustrates what I am talking about, especialy when it closes-up on the group of soldiers singing.

There will be NO cutscene's in ROHOS it has been stated many time's over and over, SP is more of a squad based sim through the battle of stalingrad, im not to excited by the sounds of the sp. To me they made it sound that there is no character development and once you die you simply take over the soldier next to you, and try to kill all the germans and reach the specific goal or waypoint across the map. Sorry I know i'll be flamed for this but please tell me other wise, this is what I have read not what I know.

I don't care about the sp anyways although it would be nice if it had characters and emotions, im far more interested in mp and it sounds amazing so far :)

Upvote 0
Most games at the moment are telling stories in the same way.

Red Orchestra 2 can tell a story differently. If it focused on telling a story in this way it could do it very well but since the focus is shifted elsewhere, and we are actually getting bang for our buck out of the multiplayer, It won't be as good as it could be!

Compared to other games which spend 340958230790 years on a single player mode you play once....well....waste of my money.

Upvote 0
There are a lot of people who know little about WW2 or Stalingrad. Commandos intros got me into WW2 in the first place.

Besides, it gives a professional and serious feel to the game.

Well, it'd be great to learn stuff about Stalingrad whilst playing the game. As a HOH gamer, I demand captioning for these cutscenes! ... *goes to make a thread*

Upvote 0
Im not asking for anything fancy, just a small clip made using the game engine so it shows teammates that are actually alive and your teams current state.

YouTube - ‪Atonement - Elegy For Dunkirk‬‏

1:52 to 2:37 . Without focusing on any person in particular, the cutscene is there to show the brutality of the Battle. For example, I read in a thread a while ago about someone who read a diary of a Soviet soldier that fought in Stalingrad in wich he recalled being hidden in a cellar with a few fellow comrades scared like hell because of the silence of the Soviet Winter, reaching the point that they could ear German Infantry move even if they where a few buildings down.

The lack of any indivudualism in RO is something that makes it unique and the best WWII series ever in my view because it properly showcases how it was on the battlefield, with the common struggle of men no matter where they came from or who they where for the demise of Nazi Germany.
The only scene I would consider worthy enough to counter this is when that the Soviet flag was set ontop of the Reichstag in Berlin.

I hope they do some kind of Commandos approach.
(Commandos Behind Enemy Lines videos)

Oh man, I loved that game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it is a shame their will be no cut scenes also :(.

I don't recall anyone from TWI saying there will be no cutsenes.

They have made it very clear the SP won't be a "cinematic style" experiance (which just means it won't be hard-scripted up the bum and 100% linear), and that there wont be cutscenes interrupting you in the middle of gameplay.

But unless i've missed something, i haven't seen them confirm or deny if there will be cutscenes/scripted cinematics at the start or finish of the SP.

Upvote 0
I don't recall anyone from TWI saying there will be no cutsenes.

They have made it very clear the SP won't be a "cinematic style" experiance (which just means it won't be hard-scripted up the bum and 100% linear), and that there wont be cutscenes interrupting you in the middle of gameplay.

But unless i've missed something, i haven't seen them confirm or deny if there will be cutscenes/scripted cinematics at the start or finish of the SP.

isn't that when it all comes down to it the same thing? explain the difference between the two? I'am not bashing or flaming you by any means I have read plenty of your post's and you are by far very knowledgeable. Just wondering the difference between the two is all.

Reactions: KompanyCommands
Upvote 0
isn't that when it all comes down to it the same thing? explain the difference between the two? I'am not bashing or flaming you by any means I have read plenty of your post's and you are by far very knowledgeable. Just wondering the difference between the two is all.

Which two? And what's coming down to the same thing?

Not quite sure what you want clarification on, but i'll gladly clarify if i can ;)

Upvote 0

I know i dont show off but i am very clever man i have also filed 38 cabinets in one day and my company pay me extra 10 pounds WIN.
:IS2::D

Upvote 0