• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The next BIG THING.

The next BIG THING.

• Total voters
One new specimen and brute officially added, five community maps and two new TWI maps added to the official list, one new perk with three weapons, three other weapons (community or TWI) one each for medic, firebug, and demolitions (commando, berserker, support, and sharpshooter have good sets), and mission mode added as a gameplay type.

I guarantee it.

Upvote 0
One new specimen and brute officially added, five community maps and two new TWI maps added to the official list, one new perk with three weapons, three other weapons (community or TWI) one each for medic, firebug, and demolitions (commando, berserker, support, and sharpshooter have good sets), and mission mode added as a gameplay type.

I guarantee it.

i don't even need the source for that information because it was presented with such confidence and is so obviously true.

Reactions: Dolphin Buff Man
Upvote 0
One new specimen and brute officially added

Oh god no...no offence to anyone but I dislike the brute for my own reasons and have no issues with people using it as a mutator but if he got officially added to the game then the brute would always be in kf and theres no way for me to remove him....I think it would be enough to stop me playing kf.

but on topic I think DLC and Maps are the most likely but there's lots of other things that I would rather see happen first.

My suggestions:

Fix it so that when you respawn you respawn at the current trader so that you have a chance to receive any money from team mates and actually buy something....a good example here is on hospitalhorrors, if the trader is on the roof then just log off because you'll never make it in time and if you try then you will only be a burden to the team.

A new gametype that takes advantage of all the currently made maps - this doesn't have to be a drastic change but enough to make playing all our favourite maps refreshing.

Fix that slow run bug that randomly pops up - I know it doesn't happen often but it's really annoying when you are running as if you have maxxxed out your weight limit and are carrying a law even though you only have a knife. I also find that reconnecting that server does not fix the issue.

Please do something about the sealed room in aperture. Everytime I play that map you always get a pair that will do nothing but unweld the door throughout the entire game and once they finally get in there seal themselves in again because they don't know how to get the achievement. This wouldn't bother me on Normal but it's annoying as hell on HoE. Can you make it so that once the doors have been breaching ZEDs can now spawn and drop in on them?

New filter for the server browser - I'm fed up of playing a round on a custom map have 1 or 2 guys join and then constantly vote for stock maps (usually westlondon) and if FF is on you give them money for decent guns and then we all get shot so that the map vote screen pops up.... So can you make a filter that will show servers that ONLY have the Stock maps, a filter that shows servers with ONLY custom maps. I think this would be a great help since they can't vote for whats not there and custom ONLY servers are hard to get onto since they all usually always full.

Server filter that shows / hides servers running FF. and maybe make a column showing which servers have FF.

Default the game difficulty to Beginner and any filters such as FF only and custom maps only to OFF. We still get new players joining HoE simply because its a server that they can join.

Last edited:
Reactions: jd641 and Olivier
Upvote 0

I guarantee it.

You seem a bit certain. ._.

Anyway, It's the next "big thing" and I imagine it'd be something like the Level Up update back in 2009, minus the extra level.

Edit: I wonder if zYnthetic's STFA stuff gets in somewhere...

I wouldn't be so suprised anyway since "KF" is all nice and highlighted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More speculation.

/wins thread

LOL

Looking at the most recent big updates I think the "next big thing" is going to consist of:
1. From one to three community made maps included in the game as official/core maps.
2. A new DLC skin pack.

But I sure hope its not going to be like that or Im going to cry.

Oh god no...no offence to anyone but I dislike the brute for my own reasons and have no issues with people using it as a mutator but if he got officially added to the game then the brute would always be in kf and theres no way for me to remove him....I think it would be enough to stop me playing kf.

Yeah Brute is a nice attempt on a new specimen but it just doesnt fit in with the rest somehow.

Reactions: Heyman and jd641
Upvote 0