• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Adding personal non-server music

GCameron

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2010
I've seen that some maps and servers have custom music, but thats not what Im asking for.

What I'm asking is is there a way to add my own music tracks for KF to play in game play, just for me not a server?
I want to add some songs and have them play basically.

Is there any way to do that, and if so, how?
Keep in mind I've never tried and I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm not going to act like I know what I'm doing.

Sorry if this has been asked a lot, I bet it has but I cant find a post about it.

1. You could just use winamp or similar and set up hotkeys to change music in game.
2. You could use xfire, apparently it has an in-game music player?

I dont think there is any other way besides trying to replace the in-game music files with your own music but that wouldnt rly work well because it'd play only one or two songs per map which can get tedious. Unless the map has a different music for each wave but I think all basic maps have only like.. 3? Not sure havent paid that much attention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Go to your KF folder. Go to system folder. Open up User.ini and then search for F11. The line is like...:

F11=

Change this to:

F11=MusicMenu

I know it's kinda... screwy in terms of what you can do since the textures for the actual buttons are missing, but you can then use the left most button to open up a small submenu. You should still see at the bottom left a button called Add. This'll bring up a browser and you can double click songs to add them to the list. Now, just close that browser and double click the song you wanna listen to. Yay, music!

Maybe a new patch should add the textures back to the Music Menu...

---

Yay, UT2004 experience.

---

Edit: You don't need to map the Music Menu to F11, it's just an example. IIRC, this is the default in UT2004, so it's why I defaulted to saying it this way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alternativly,

you could just replace the OGG files in the music folder with your own music.

In the Systes folder you'll see map files and if you open those it has a list of what music will be played on what map (I think, if not it's some where)

Replace files, adjust those map configs, and you're good.

Replacing files also works.

Upvote 0