• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Redacted]An unlikely Partership

bogospawn

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Planet Earth
Hello, this is my first try on making a fan fiction based on the crossover between Killing Floor and Portal.Tell me what you think,possibly find any mistakes i made,tell me how to perfect my style in writing and pretty much stuff like that.This is the firts part,i hope you like it and tell me if its worth to make a second one :D
Day 1 8:03AM
Kevin headed towards the entrance door. The whole place was pretty, a little bit too much white for his tastes. This whole underground facility was too complicate and way too big.

Last edited:
Reactions: timur and HalfDemon
Mr Foster awoke suddenly in a glass cubicle with bare necessities. He had been fighting in London and suddenly everything had gone black...or was that a dream? His memory felt like a fog, and he couldn't tell dream from reality. Was he drugged? Where was he?

He then heard a voice blaring over the speakers...such an odd voice. Sort of like the soothing announcer in the GPS system, only there was something behind this, as well as a metallic tinge. It felt like there was something behind the voice, something not quite human..nah, this was just a recording, he told himself.

"According to basic Aperture Science protocal please exit the cube through the conviently marked Aperture science name brand exit door."

He drowsily left through the passageway, confused.

"You are about to enter an Aperture Science Testing Scenario. Although the threats may appear very real, remember that this is a controlled testing laboratory. Here is your standard military equipment."

He walked over, warily, and picked up his worn weapons and armor. As lights began to point him towards an elevator, he examined the area; white panels everywhere. Tile, and canvas, everything white and glass. Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he spotted a hand in the shadow of a desk, blood smeared on the floor...no, no that has to my mind playing tricks. He walked onto the glass platform, which began a descent downwards through metal plates and panels. Soon it arrived at the destination...but here, something wasn't right. He spotted plants attached to the panels, and signs of broken doors, shattered cubes.

"Your testing begins now. Should you survive, feel free to come back and irritate me. If not, make sure to file the appropriate paperwork."
And then the howls came echoing down the metal halls...and Foster knew.

Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
Mr Foster awoke suddenly in a glass cubicle with bare necessities. He had been fighting in London and suddenly everything had gone black...or was that a dream? His memory felt like a fog, and he couldn't tell dream from reality. Was he drugged? Where was he?

He then heard a voice blaring over the speakers...such an odd voice. Sort of like the soothing announcer in the GPS system, only there was something behind this, as well as a metallic tinge. It felt like there was something behind the voice, something not quite human..nah, this was just a recording, he told himself.

"According to basic Aperture Science protocal please exit the cube through the conviently marked Aperture science name brand exit door."

He drowsily left through the passageway, confused.

"You are about to enter an Aperture Science Testing Scenario. Although the threats may appear very real, remember that this is a controlled testing laboratory. Here is your standard military equipment."

He walked over, warily, and picked up his worn weapons and armor. As lights began to point him towards an elevator, he examined the area; white panels everywhere. Tile, and canvas, everything white and glass. Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he spotted a hand in the shadow of a desk, blood smeared on the floor...no, no that has to my mind playing tricks. He walked onto the glass platform, which began a descent downwards through metal plates and panels. Soon it arrived at the destination...but here, something wasn't right. He spotted plants attached to the panels, and signs of broken doors, shattered cubes.

"Your testing begins now. Should you survive, feel free to come back and irritate me. If not, make sure to file the appropriate paperwork."
And then the howls came echoing down the metal halls...and Foster knew.

Nice one, i will KF characters in the future of the story,that was my plan from the beggining.And no more black text...

By the way,someone should feel free to use my story as a plot for a mission map,if its good enough.Ill do my best and...please leave feedback and not comments like "Lul balck textz" or "Misthurr Fosthurr ate the cake"(not hating)

Upvote 0
Here's part 2,as promised.

Day 2 12:48AM

Kevin and Cave headed to the Test subject observation room. Trough a really dark tunnel and down some rusty metal stairs, there was a big metal door, which was the observation room. We entered the room ,Cave told Caroline to make some coffee. He clicked the speaker button and started talking:
"Well, It’s gonna be a tough day today, fellas since we’re testing the new testing subjects. Just don’t get near them, they may look human but they would do everything to devour your juicy flesh and…Caroline, you got that recorded?"

“Yes,sir.”

“Okay then,lets prepare the testing chamber for our volunteer subjects.”

Cave turned off the speaker and turned around to Kevin.

“So, how clever are these things?”

“Not much, they’re designed for military combat, hopefully I will have the chance to modify them in different ways, but I need to know how they perform in groups and what they’re capable of.”

“Okay, lets begin with something easy then…”said Cave and told his employees to prepare Chamber No. 1

“This one is simple…”said Cave, slowly slurping his coffee “One of these specimen things has to open the door for the others, lets see how they perform.”

The specimens howled at the door for a minute, then some of them tried breaking the door ,with no effect of course. One headed to the big red button-like pressure pad and triggered the door. Kevin told Cave to leave the door mechanism open, so they don’t have to “get rid” of the single teamplayer in this group.

“What do you call these ,apart from “specimens?”-asked Cave.

“I didn’t really think of a name yet…lets call them Clots.”

“Clots? What the hell does "clot" mean?”

“A clot is a semi-solid substance that blood forms, especially when its in…”

“Yeah, yeah whatever…its your zombies not mine, you can call them Lollypops if you want…”- said Cave and took a big slurp of coffee.

Day 3 20:00PM
Kevin looked at his notes in his notebook. All were positive, and his expectations were met. The “clots” were doing really well, he might even consider making them more agile and fast, or even use female DNA for further testing. He looked back at Mr. Johnson-he was a mid thirty old man, yet he looked rather young. He looked a bit like someone who would act in something like “Star Trek”. Aperture Science Innovators was at its highest point in money making, yet the whole place looked like it hasn’t been cleaned for ages. Still, it’s hard to take care of such a big underground facility.

“Ay Kevin, you should better see this…”-said Cave in a sleepy tone.

“What’s going on?”-asked Kevin.

“Your clots made it trough Chamber No. 8”

“Was it even hard?”

“No I just wanted to let you know they sure take some time to think ,IF they even have brains…”

“Whatever ,I’d better go now, we can continue testing next week.”

“Sure mate.”-said Cave and opened the big metal door with one click of a button.

Kevin moaned, then looked back at his clock.

“20:27, great, it will take me 20 minutes in that stinky elevator to get back up to the surface…”

Stupid underground facility.

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0