• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics MP7, Worth a slot?

Kriegsjaeger

Apr 10, 2011
Upon my recent triumphant return I find that the MP7 is a dubiously effective weapon as ever. While healing people from a distance is always a lovely effect to have, I'm starting to find that picking up weapons that are actually useful in most regards is having a stronger benefit for the team.

Rolling with the Mac-10 on single shot I can still quickly and easily kill the squishies more efficiently than with the MP7, and with the hunting shottie in my fourth slot, I can contribute loads against larger zeds.

I've started using various combinations of: Melee weapon for the less hectic moments, efficient weapon for trash, special weapon for large mobs. And to quite some effect.

Anyone else feel the MP7 is very much optional, if even less effective than taking a damage based loadout and needle healing?
If so, what builds do you use?

P.S.
I would just like to point out I am not advocating not healing. I understand other classes do far more damage with their various weapons of choice, though I find I can heal perfectly well with the needle, while contributing significant damage with a more effective weapon in my 4th slot.

Yes, I know you can have two special weapons, but if you are using the Mp7 for healing, having to hit 4 a couple times just to get to the healgun, heal, and switch back or vice versa is a bit too comlicated with zeds attempting to feast on your crunchy bits.

I still carry the MP7, controlled bursts can handle most trash and sustained fire for husks and sirens.

and then depending on the map...

Twin HC's, M10 and MP7 (Thanks to CandleJack for that suggestion) for getting up and personal with raging FPs and Scrakes.

MP7, LAR and HC for more distant work...

Sometimes an AA12 if I'm particually flush and my team doesn't need the money.

Upvote 0
I'd say so, but only because the MP7M can dish out 3 heals in the time it takes the syringe to do 1

The animation can hurt the syringe quite badly sometimes

My build is always Mp7M and LAR.

Cheap, and easy to maintain without me having to borrow money or discount, can stun Husks on headshot, can kill everything Bloat and lower in a 1 headshot and kills Crawlers in 1 regardless. Good support weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Before the crossbow nerf, medic with katana and crossbow was incredibly powerful and I used that loadout almost every time.

Now, I consider the MP7 a necessity not for its ranged heals but because its heals run on a separate cooldown and I like to keep the syringe in reserve to heal myself unless the MP7 runs totally dry and using the syringe on teammates becomes necessary.

Of course, if your team is getting hit so often that you need all that heal juice they're probably not going to make it past wave 7... It's mainly useful for camping in very confined spaces like the elevator on crash where the medic needs to pump the supports with a constant supply of drugs to counter the husk splash damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MP7M, DHC and FA M10 is the beast Medic loadout for camping.

You can tank with armour, and keep attention with 46 rounds of pain.
Still relying on squadmates to save your ***, of course.

Though i don't use that anymore, since everyone and their dog is kiting with berserker, and carrying an Xbow for sirens and husks is much more helpful.

Throughout my entire career as medic, i've used the MP7 to heal since its range is almost unlimited, and it can hit targets at any range you can see them reliably.

Upvote 0
The MP7M IS worth it, well at least until Ivan & Carver's M7A3 get's whitelisted.

MP7M + XBow is a very good combo, as the following :

MP7M + AK-47
MP7M + Dual DEagles + Katana
MP7M + Winchester + Katana

A Medic should ALLWAYS have a MP7M, otherwise teammates will die much easily.

tbh I tried the M7A3 and didn't like it. Sounds like a AA gun and was nice and 'weighty'. But it didn't sell it to me.

Upvote 0
I perfer it over the MP7 mostly because of the higher damage per shot.

Ask me if it's balanced or whitelist worthy, different question.

same Damage per Second, actually, but the increased accuracy more than compensates for the decreased speed when it comes to most people gameplay styles.

Upvote 0
same Damage per Second, actually, but the increased accuracy more than compensates for the decreased speed when it comes to most people gameplay styles.

Honestly, I really don't care if it's the same DPS because you can slot out something that has 1000 rounds in a magazine and make it do 1 damage a shot and shoot insanely fast or you could make something a 1 shot weapon that 1-hit kills anything and it'll still have the same 'dps' but other factors need to come into affect like accuracy, recoil, reload speeds, etc.

As for why I don't think it's whitelist worthy, it doesn't fit KF's style. Some fictional concept AR drawn by some guy on Deviant Art. I'de know, I worked on M7 models like 2 years ago.

On topic: The 20 rounds is hard to conserve when tapping produces 2 shots when you only intend 1 for a decap so I generally just don't use it off perk. If I do play medic i'll keep one with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly, I really don't care if it's the same DPS because you can slot out something that has 1000 rounds in a magazine and make it do 1 damage a shot and shoot insanely fast or you could make something a 1 shot weapon that 1-hit kills anything and it'll still have the same 'dps' but other factors need to come into affect like accuracy, recoil, reload speeds, etc.

As for why I don't think it's whitelist worthy, it doesn't fit KF's style. Some fictional concept AR drawn by some guy on Deviant Art. I'de know, I worked on M7 models like 2 years ago.

On topic: The 20 rounds is hard to conserve when tapping produces 2 shots when you only intend 1 for a decap so I generally just don't use it off perk. If I do play medic i'll keep one with me.

Well, of course it would require some price shifting to work correctly, but the thing is limited anyways; it just cuts out the middleman of using other perks weapons, really. It just never had the Damage to properly deal with anything a LAR couldn't.

However, I'm not arguing about if it shouldbe included in the retail game, just that it nearing the point of balancing.

Anyways, on topic: The Medgun is outclased by the LAR when it comes to actually killing things, but its a good backup for when you run out, and it is insanely useful for quick heals.

Upvote 0

It's a real weapon, and it is a PDW, not an AR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP7

I use it in conjunction with the syringe when things are getting really bad. As a weapon, it is useful, even on HoE. A good bit of practice, and short bursts are required. I like it for decapping gorefasts rushing for a teammate and getting crawlers off them. I carry a LAR and axe with it.

Upvote 0
It's a real weapon, and it is a PDW, not an AR.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_MP7[/URL]

I use it in conjunction with the syringe when things are getting really bad. As a weapon, it is useful, even on HoE. A good bit of practice, and short bursts are required. I like it for decapping gorefasts rushing for a teammate and getting crawlers off them. I carry a LAR and axe with it.

He means the M7, not the MP7.

Upvote 0