• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] True Combat: CQB Alpha released

Just wish that lean was not a perk option ( really, seriously?!)

Really? Seriously? It's a perk?

I really like the weapon handling and animations, some of the recoils might need some fine tuning, but overall this will turn an old lame game into a pretty cool old lame game. The weapon models and sights/optics are very nice and freelook rocks.

I can overlook the dinky map, mindless gameplay and bad spawns, it is only alpha after all.

I'd love to see this quality work done on a better engine. Really and seriously.

Edit* Is there prone?

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2084&start=15
Here are the changes (so far) for the next version:

Alpha 0.221 4/6/2011
* Fixed random spawn point selection, now select spawnpoint farthest from all enemies
* Shotguns no longer clear lean ability
* Fixed erratic overly fast sprint (about 29% too fast), now it is TCE 049b sprinting speed (between Arma2 and Insurgency)
* Increased sprint acceleration
* Increased standard (run) speed by 10% (now comparable to Americas Army 3)
* Fixed shared ammo between Uzi and Glock
* Fixed lighting origin for first person gun
* Changed reference aspect ratio for fov to 16:10 resulting in larger fov's for 4:3 mode
* Added ability to moderately adjust fov (cg_fovMode 0, 1, 2): 70, 75 (default), 80 @16:10 (requires respawn to take effect)
* Added fov adjustment to UI
* Removed some references to TC:Elite from UI
* Fixed dead client issues with team name display and compass
* Removed bendable ability and enabled leaning for all players
* Removed high-grade ammo and pain killer without replacement
* Tweaked PPMM turning speeds for more consistency, now always 480 degs/sec (120 for prone) in the frontal +- 60 degs
* Increased PPMM turning speed by 10%, 7% for crouch, unchanged for prone
* Fixed missing world models and/or skins for SPAS 12, M3S90, SG-552+Eotech, Glock 18

Upvote 0
mmm yes, seems that players spawn close to teamates. And also spawn close to teamates who are close to enemies. So when the two enemy groups meet there shall they spawn and proceed to cluster **** till round end.

I dont know why coroner doesn't just go back to the old Body count style of spawn with teams spawning at opposite ends of the map?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I still don't understand why they can't release it as a standalone game rather than a mod?

I mean, the Enemy Territory engine is open-source and even has better alternatives based on it.

Are they using ET textures or sth?

EDIT: Even the ET gamelogic is open-source. Someone ought to make a single installer without the need for a seperate Enemy Territory installer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ust a small update on what I've been working so far

Alpha 0.223 4/x/2011
* Fixed floating gun/hands during FP death animation
* Increased and consistent PPMM angular speed limitation of 640 degs/sec (+33%) in the frontal +- 60 degs
* Increased and consistent PPMM turning speed for crouch and stand of 320 degs/sec (+33% for stand, +100% for crouch)
* Increased team name distance and appearance of team names near removed bodies
* MP9 and Miniuzi now start with three clips
* Health regeneration now starts with 3 sec delay after last inflicted damage
* Adjusted position of FP single-handed weapons to appear a bit bigger
* Adjusted position of FP two-handed weapons to be a bit lower and closer in shouldered position
* Improved AABB movement code to better slide around corners where players otherwise got easily stuck
* Faster return from freelook excursion, increased return speed by 80%

On my todo list are (until easter)

*weapon collision with walls and appropriate lowering of the weapon
*more weapon bulk/size/weight dependent effects (movement, weapon handling)
*possibly lowering larger weapons during jump/airmove completely (like during sprint)
*adding the missing routes to sample map (will be slightly bigger)
*possibly allow a max of 8 vs. 8 players as to have proper squad size
Sounds good

Upvote 0