• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Could RO2 Go Into the Black Before Release?

I Faw Down

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Annapolis, Maryland
My last post got me thinking, Alan said that TWI made more in pre-orders for Ostfront than they had spent making the game. Now I know they're spending quite a bit more on HoS (given the fact that they've said they're spending more on advertising HoS than they spent making KF and Ostfront), but I'd like to know how TWI (as well as the community) feels about how well HoS will do in sales before it's released...

I honestly really don't care

I would play this game with bots on 24/7 on party fanatic! I DON'T CARE

IDC IDC IDC IDC IDC IDC

And I know many clans will not just vanish if this game even takes TWO MORE YEARS TO CREATE!!

There will be enough servers for me

And a whole lot less noobs if the game "goes black before release"

I dread the newbies :( but now with this system of rank and rank filtered servers IDC as much about noobs/asshats anymore

Upvote 0
Well the pc gamer community is really pushing this game on forums and websites which is very good for RO2, its the beacon of hope especially since other games have chosen to make their sequels console ports aka crysis2. In nearly every game forum there is a topic about RO2. Im also pretty sure many RO fans like me will preorder as soon as we can.

Reactions: OneDuck and Miro!
Upvote 0
I prefer "In the green", when we can afford to fill a room with 1 dollar bills so anybody feeling a bit down can just go roll around in it until they feel better.

To quote a comedian "They say money doesn't buy hapiness. But money will buy you a Seadoo, and I've never seen somebody crying on a Seadoo."

Upvote 0
By the book, we don't actually get any CASH before the game ships - can't actually take the pre-order money until we deliver a finished product! Could it pay for itself off pre-orders alone? Well, it could, but it would have to do appreciably better than even KF did! Would be very nice, though :)

Sir, you put out the pre order and let us do the rest ;)

Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
Upvote 0
I prefer "In the green", when we can afford to fill a room with 1 dollar bills so anybody feeling a bit down can just go roll around in it until they feel better.

To quote a comedian "They say money doesn't buy hapiness. But money will buy you a Seadoo, and I've never seen somebody crying on a Seadoo."

Rolling in U.S green sound great at first but then have to remember how dirty money is. If you face touches that dollar, you face is touching the inside of every sweaty pant/*** pocket that dollar bill has ever been in. :D

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0

The best quote my dad ever given to me: 'Money doesn't make you happy, but it certainly helps!!!'

But hearing the awesomeness of the game even if it doesn't make the 'redefining MP FPS gaming' status it will go 'into the black' anyway.

Is going black some American expression? Doesn't make sense at all :D(black is bad most of the time anyway, or are funerals parties?)

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
The best quote my dad ever given to me: 'Money doesn't make you happy, but it certainly helps!!!'

But hearing the awesomeness of the game even if it doesn't make the 'redefining MP FPS gaming' status it will go 'into the black' anyway.

Is going black some American expression? Doesn't make sense at all :D(black is bad most of the time anyway, or are funerals parties?)

Bank statements used to be printed in red ink ( some still might be ) if you were overdrawn and black ink if in credit, and that was in the UK :)

Upvote 0
Bank statements used to be printed in red ink ( some still might be ) if you were overdrawn and black ink if in credit, and that was in the UK :)
It is still an accounting convention to print negatives in red, positives in black - although they had to go to using brackets when there were only black-and-white printers :)

So - "in the red" meant you were overdrawn, making a loss (or a "less substantial profit" if you are the Chairman/CEO of a major corporate - looking at you, ElectronicActiHQ).

Upvote 0