• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

specular

Heh, I like this guy, even though some of his ideas are a bit silly. :D

Ty.

Well, this is all product of boringness, beacuse when I am over with 4 hours studying and writing homework n all my activities I sit here and try to write some good new ideas coz this is only game I trully accept (because of realism) , yet not a single one was accepted...maybe I shouldn't post anymore :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ty.

Well, this is all product of boringness, beacuse when I am over with 4 hours studying and writing homework n all my activities I sit here and try to write some good new ideas coz this is only game I trully accept (because of realism) , yet not a single one was accepted...maybe I shouldn't post anymore :eek:

No, friend, don

Upvote 0
Ty.

Better to throw it out and hear it was a bad idea, than to say nothing.
If you have an idea equal to the awesomeness of the :IS2: and you say nothing... would be everybody's loss.

So keep it coming!:cool:

Upvote 0
hitting a tank in the same spot twice DOES make that spot eayser to get threw.

the metal deforms, and the welds/rivets can pop or rip out making the whole hull weaker.

you would think the shell would stick to the metal, making it thicker, but tank shells are not made of lead, tehy are made of basicly, solid steal, so tehy bounce off.

the metal would dent in a bit, and a second round would most likly go threw, its just like using a jack hammer. the first little TAP might not breat the **** up, but the 2 or 3 time does.

stress fractures would also appear...

but the odds of hitting the EXACT place is very slim. it would take a hit withen 1 to 2 inches of the first hit to make any difference, and the farther you go, the "thicker" the steal gets.

it would be cool, for thows close range 34 rushes or something....hell, i think they should allow tanks to ram each other. t34 at 40 MPH to the back of a tiger......t34 wins.

Upvote 0
blur pisses me off, as my eyes already blur the screen when i spin like a top. insted of bricks and trees, its pixles. and when you look at a screen, the image will appear to vblur.

just go play cod on thexbox and make the sentivity go WAY high, then hold left. **** goes all blury, and i dont think COD has blur!

Upvote 0
@ Armour, off the top of my head there was a case where a tiger tank took about 200 hits during one engagement, then limped back to base with many systems destroyed but still running and intact.

As for blur you're absolutely right kainhall, it has everything to do with framerate. If you have under 60fps blur is made ridiculous (the lower the frame rate the more pronounced the motion blur is). Wave your hand in front of your face really fast while looking straight ahead, blur? Some blur is realistic, same with colour bleeding, depth of field, bloom, light glare, HDR etc, it's just that most games go totally overboard because it looks "cool", or they simulate a cheap camera and not the human eye :p

A small amount of motion blur would be awesome, Xonotic has implemented it perfectly, most of the time it's imperceptible, but it's there and adds to the experience.

Upvote 0
OK, what do you think of bayonet attached to a rifle causing it to sway more while aiming + reducing weapons recoil?

If it's heavy enough (the weight of the bayonet) to make a difference I say yes. Even if it doesn't make that big of a difference it could be implemented as a small detail if it doesn't require much work to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hatches were often - well, pretty much allways - kept locked. If there would be an option to keep the hatch as unlocked/locked, then this might make a slight bit of sense. Othervise not.
It was common for soviet tank crews that their hatches were NOT locked during combat.
The reason was that when a tank was hit and on fire, friendly soldiers who wants to help could not open them if they were locked.

Once in a while also you are wrong, Red. :D

Upvote 0