• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do zeds that are on fire from mac-10 take more damage?

If you go here and see the damage pdf, [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45945[/URL] it says on page 4,

►All zeds receives +50% non-dot fire damage. Note: this damage bonus doesn't count for DOT calculation.

If I'm reading this correctly, this means that burning Zeds take more fire damage if hit with Flame Weapons again...?

Could be an incentive to keep spraying the flame when it's hitting the fan.

Anyways, the Mac-10's fire is pretty pathetic. It'll just annoy the bigger ZEDs, but being able to light something on fire a mile away is pretty cool.

Upvote 0
What I usually do is use the mac10 on precision shots (making sure I hit the siren before she gets hard to see with other zeds on fire) or really long range shots.

If room allows I just start a scrake on fire, let him burn until the fire is just about to stop, then I hold the flamer on until he is dead. At level 6 it works very well and I usually escape unscathed. If it's a FP it works pretty well too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are too many bugs from fire bugs... just tooooooo many.

Btw, just from my experience, flamer do mroe DOT then MAC-10. And according to the weapon dmg pdf, MAC-10 get no perk bonus of DOT, so that explain why this is happening.

Also, fleshpounds doing the freak out animatin after burn cannot be raged. Which makes firebug able to solo a one-man worth fleshpound without kiting and tanking one hit. And sometime you can stop a scrake from raging by burn him, sometimes you cant. Just... TOOO MANY BGUS! Sometimes the game even crash when I use the flammer. It never happen when I;m using any other weapons. (may be that's just my problem... but whatever, this is the only perk I hate anyway)

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
What are you guys talking about? I'm not sure any you are actually answering his question lol! (I might be wrong though)

If a zed is on fire does it take more damage if it originated from a firebugs mac10?

I have read that they do when shot with the flamethrower but not the mac10 anywhere.

No, neither the Mac10 nor the Flamethrower causes targets to suffer more damage from other sources of damage when set on fire.
I guess you got confused by nutterbutter's wording in his Firebug guide where he called the Firebug a "damage multiplier", which is wrong.

Upvote 0
It's not so much that on-fire specimens take more damage from everything else. It's that they're taking damage over time while they are on fire, so you don't need to deal as much damage. That's why you want to preferably light the specimens on fire when they're far away. They either burn out or, by the time they get within distance to be a viable threat, they're more easily dispatched.

Upvote 0
It's not so much that on-fire specimens take more damage from everything else. It's that they're taking damage over time while they are on fire, so you don't need to deal as much damage. That's why you want to preferably light the specimens on fire when they're far away. They either burn out or, by the time they get within distance to be a viable threat, they're more easily dispatched.

Still doesn't mean that burning enemies have damage-multipliers on them :p
But, yes, they do become "softened up"... but doesn't all damage do that anyway? :D

Upvote 0