• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map testing team forums problem

Hello, i noticed my map got unwhitelisted but when i clicked the link for see the forum page it said its only for registered people and the registrations are disabled, how im supposed to fix the map if i cant see the exploit? and i havent saw any exploit in my map?, somebody know how register in the forum or see the post?, thanks.

Hello, i noticed my map got unwhitelisted but when i clicked the link for see the forum page it said its only for registered people and the registrations are disabled, how im supposed to fix the map if i cant see the exploit? and i havent saw any exploit in my map?, somebody know how register in the forum or see the post?, thanks.

Which map is it?

Upvote 0
Thought the forum was open for everyone?

It is once the map has been removed form the whitelist, since the expolits can no longer be used to level.

Allowing reviews to be viewed before makes it so that people can find the exploits more easily and use them. Sadly noone has updated that part of the forum yet :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry, the map was not moved in the right section. It should work now: http://kept.clanservers.com/forums/index.php?topic=205.0

It is once the map has been removed form the whitelist, since the expolits can no longer be used to level.

Allowing reviews to be viewed before makes it so that people can find the exploits more easily and use them. Sadly noone has updated that part of the forum yet :)

Which part? D:

Upvote 0
well, i never had problems with the big rooms, in any map you can camp and kill zombies with correct coop play, me and my team played the map on suicidal and we cant survive to it yet, one cuestion, do you played the map before say is too easy for camp?, because if you camp the zombies get you at your back... is like farm, is too big and with a lot of open space, and the dark dont make the level harder, there is a gamma config option in the configurations...
btw, thanks for make the link work and answer my post :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think people would do that to make the game easier or anything, else they would be playing Beginner if easier would be more fun for them.

isnt the point, and yeah, if they want do more headshots easier they can change the difficult to beginner, i dont see the problem with big rooms :confused:, and it have a lot of spawn points.. they make the camping harder.

Upvote 0
well, i never had problems with the big rooms, in any map you can camp and kill zombies with correct coop play, me and my team played the map on suicidal and we cant survive to it yet, one cuestion, do you played the map before say is too easy for camp?, because if you camp the zombies get you at your back... is like farm, is too big and with a lot of open space, and the dark dont make the level harder, there is a gamma config option in the configurations...
btw, thanks for make the link work and answer my post :D.

Of course we did. The thing with Farm is that the zeds are genererally not funelling through hallways (like in your map). You also have to move a lot to get to the trader and there are many obstacles like houses, dead cows, railings and variations in the terrain that makes the map harder. On top of that you have the fog. Turning your gamma up is somthing that most people won't do because the game looks ugly.

If you plan to resubmit the map, i would suggest to scale the map down, add some obstacles and maybe some fog?

Anyway, before submiting your map (if you ever do), you can always pm me and ask me to play it and give you feedback. :)

Upvote 0
Of course we did. The thing with Farm is that the zeds are genererally not funelling through hallways (like in your map). You also have to move a lot to get to the trader and there are many obstacles like houses, dead cows, railings and variations in the terrain that makes the map harder. On top of that you have the fog. Turning your gamma up is somthing that most people won't do because the game looks ugly.

If you plan to resubmit the map, i would suggest to scale the map down, add some obstacles and maybe some fog?

Anyway, before submiting your map (if you ever do), you can always pm me and ask me to play it and give you feedback. :)

well, that will be hard, i made the game with only 1 texture because the graphics lag (not all the players have really good video cards on they computers...), about the fog, well, its my first map, i dont know how do that :confused: , the trader, well, that make you keep moving or you dont get the trader, you should upload pictures in wave 7 or something like that, the 3 screenshots are from wave 1, that can make the people think you just saw the map and dont played it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, that will be hard, i made the game with only 1 texture because the graphics lag (not all the players have really good video cards on they computers...), about the fog, well, its my first map, i dont know how do that :confused: , the trader, well, that make you keep moving or you dont get the trader, you should upload pictures in wave 7 or something like that, the 3 screenshots are from wave 1, that can make the people think you just saw the map and dont played it.

You might disagree (and others too) but you should never release your first maps. By making a few maps, you learn some stuff like optimisation, which could be something you should comsider since you just said that the map was laggong for some people. If you need help, you can always browse the level design forums. Theres a lot of great people like Fel, Murphy, JD, Yoyo or Ro Sauce to help you out. When it comes to the trader, sure it makes you moving a bit, but the map is exaxtly the same on both sides. So basiclu, you are moving buy still defending the same spot over and over. Finally the screenshots. Unless an other member of the team has something to show, we wont upload the same screenshots. And your map didn't had any real exploit, except the fact that it was ridiculously easy. We played the map t'ill wave 6, but we found nothing new to report (because of the simplicity of the map).

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
You might disagree (and others too) but you should never release your first maps. By making a few maps, you learn some stuff like optimisation, which could be something you should comsider since you just said that the map was laggong for some people. If you need help, you can always browse the level design forums. Theres a lot of great people like Fel, Murphy, JD, Yoyo or Ro Sauce to help you out. When it comes to the trader, sure it makes you moving a bit, but the map is exaxtly the same on both sides. So basiclu, you are moving buy still defending the same spot over and over. Finally the screenshots. Unless an other member of the team has something to show, we wont upload the same screenshots. And your map didn't had any real exploit, except the fact that it was ridiculously easy. We played the map t'ill wave 6, but we found nothing new to report (because of the simplicity of the map).
you misunderstood, my map dont had lag, a lot of people with bad graphics cards have problems with almost all the normal maps, fire, smoke, and a lot of textures lag the old graphics card, my map just had 1 texture, so a bad graphics card can run it almost at higher quality without lag, well, if you say its "ridiculously" easy, you are the first person i read say that, but its ok, i dont will mod or resubmit it again, at least not soon, i wanted a lag free map for my friends and other people without expensive computers and fun at the same time, obviously with less "visual" quality than the others, that was the reason why my map exist, and at least now i dont know a solution for add obstacles without make it worst in visual aspect or add lag, btw, you should check KF-Arcade-Shopping-Center-final.rom , big corridors and its easier than mine if you just stay in the corridors and just 1 trader, thanks for your forced review.

Upvote 0