• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Upgrading the PPSh-41

I know this has already been stated by others.

Grobut you have written your opinions well and refused to degrade yourself to whining and making 'petitions' to make those 'ignorant developers' see the light of day. I commend you on your tact and determination and award you the forums wrought Iron Cross, for ideas well forged; wear it proudly. :D ;)

Upvote 0
Since we now know the MP-40/II will be added to the game, and it looks like TWI has not changed their plans regarding the PPSh, i think this topic just got relavent again.

Atleast i would like an answer to two questions: Are we going to get the late 1944 model PPSh? The type-3?

And if so, is there going to be any way for server admins to fix that when they want to run a realism server?

Upvote 0
Since we now know the MP-40/II will be added to the game, and it looks like TWI has not changed their plans regarding the PPSh, i think this topic just got relavent again.

Atleast i would like an answer to two questions: Are we going to get the late 1944 model PPSh? The type-3?

And if so, is there going to be any way for server admins to fix that when they want to run a realism server?

I really hoped the devs would change the progression of the PPSH to your idea since, apart from not arbitrarily balancing the guns (something the devs promised they wouldn't do and this also negates one of the few Soviet advantages) and being historically unrealistic, this would also be very bad for the servers where progression is turned of because this would give the Germans a blatant advantage in practically every way. I really hope this is something that's going to be changed during the beta test, just before release, or in a patch.

Upvote 0
Are we going to get the late 1944 model PPSh? The type-3?
mmm

Ramm-Jaeger: Because it is fun and cool to put rare weapons into a game that no one has played with before. We've said this before for us the dividing line is - could the weapon have possibly been there, and can anyone beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that it wasn't there. It doesn't matter how rare it was, if it could have been there, it's ok for us to use.
Semi auto PPSH is neither cool or could have been in Stalingrad.

PPS-42/43 'could' have been in Stalingrad however.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dietrich Graf
Upvote 0
This thread rocks. Well done, Sir Grobut. The only concern I have though - I am easily encouraged to spam like Rambo when given a large magazine, and here we have magazines of 71 rounds. I've had this problem in RO (yes, it is a fault of my own and I'm stupid for it, shuddup) so to ensure better control of my spammo, I use a PPS-43 with 30-odd rounds per mag. Personally, I don't want to use drum mags all that often.

Basically what I'm asking is: in RO2's system, will I have to use drum mags after unlocking them, or can I switch between stick mags and drum mags whenever I see fit?

I have passed the information in this thread on to the design team. I don't know what they will do with it, but it has been passed on.

394-intredasting.png

Upvote 0
I thought it was the PPSH from 44 that didn't have a fire-selector.

It was, Homuth has it backwards.

This is the Type-2 (build from late 1941 and well into the mid 1950's), note the flip-type rear sight, and the mode-selector inside the trigger guard, the guy fires it in both fire modes:
YouTube - ‪Ibadat bara PPSH-41 Semi & Full Auto‬‏
And here's another one:
YouTube - ‪PPSH 41‬‏

It is a common misconception that "the one with the flip sight was FA-only", but it's not true, if it has the mode-selector, then it has select-fire, and is a Type-2.

The Type-3 looked exactly like the Type-2, but with the mode-selector removed (well not removed, they just plain didn't include it durring the production), and it did not exist untill late 1944.

Reactions: Lucan946
Upvote 0
I didn't know that about the PPSh-41. Good thread. I really don't see a reason why Tripwire wouldn't fix this, unless it's really that hard to code?
Well it's probably a combination of accidentally missing it the first time and the fact that they had to feature lock at some point and don't have the time to go back and change stuff.

That said, with the only primary difference in the guns being one with a semi-auto fire option, I don't honestly see what is so hard about changing it. The problem that Grobut points out is it kinda sounds like the devs want to make the single fire option some sort of "perk" that you unlock later, as opposed to something that everyone should have access to right from the get go.

If this is what they do, then it will be a silly situation of people entering the Stalingrad battlefield equipped with 1944-era model PPSHs and later upgrading to pre-war PPSHs ...

Upvote 0
I raise your :IS2: with two :IS2:'s.

Paradox!

infinity + infinity + infinity = ..... eh ... 3x infinity?

Yeah, quite possibly. I wonder if they even can change it at this stage. The game's due for release sometime next month.

Thats not really the issue. I think a 'We will change it after release' would be very much appreciated and sufficient to remove any concern.
(note: this only works with TWI, any other company saying this is suspicious!!!)

Upvote 0
Thats not really the issue. I think a 'We will change it after release' would be very much appreciated and sufficient to remove any concern.

Correct, i'd be more than happy with an "oops, can't change that now, will do it in a patch post release though!", that'd make me plenty happy.

If it could be fixed pre release, that'd be awesome, but i'm not holding my breath for it..

But sadly, we don't even know if TWI are even willing to considder fixing it at all, and that is what has me worried.

Upvote 0