• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community suggestion: Read before posting!

Aze

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
This is a suggestion, no, a PLEA for all you people here on the forums:
If you are gonna respond seriously to something in a thread, wether supporting the suggestion/idea or not: THEN READ THE FRIKKIN SUGGESTION FIRST!

I can understand that people might crap in threads where the initial post is all over the place, wether it's completely non-understandable due to horrible grammar or lack of structure etc. I also understand crapping in threads where, for example, the suggestion is basicly just a bunch of random weapon lists with no explanations etc.

But so many times, in both mine and many other people's threads where there clearly has been put some effort into it and you can see some understandable grammar/structure etc, people just skim it through and then make a post that completely ignores several points from the initial post... Some people even respond after ONLY READING THE TITLE OF THE THREAD! :eek:

I'm getting really fed up with this.
So please people, before you respond to something: Completely read it first, then respond. I'm tired of having to explain or correct people of what i'm suggesting over several pages just because you are too lazy to read the first post thoroughly.

Last edited:
I read the first post, the M99 is silly and does nothing new, nor do I really endorse it's whitelisting. As for "THIS THREAD IS FOR FUN! WHO CARES!" No one cares. I certain don't, that's why I posted what I did.

Stop getting mad. If you've got a problem with a person eather deal with it or leave it. Don't make an entire thread about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Is a fair point, a little ragey, but then again who am I to talk? :p
Heh, well, i really felt i had to say this, as it has happened so many times now.

I read the first post, the M99 is silly and does nothing new, nor do I really endorse it's whitelisting. As for "THIS THREAD IS FOR FUN! WHO CARES!" No one cares. I certain don't, that's why I posted what I did.
Lol hurt much? Why do you think this is aimed at you?
And "No one cares"? So, you know everybody's feelings? Didn't know you were psychic! :eek: -.-

Stop getting mad. If you've got a problem with a person eather deal with it or leave it. Don't make an entire thread about it.
No. I have done that with too many imbeciles now. I'm tired of explaining to you lazy people who apparently can't read.

Actually Lucidious I don't agree with you at all. I agree with what Aze is saying terms of read the thread or at least most of it before you post because otherwise you are making an unjustified argument that generally gets counted in the middle of a thread anyway.
Exactly. A thread where that became really apparent was this one:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=50031
THAT thread is what really made me tired of lazy readers. The stuff after that was just the "straw that broke the camels back" for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, posters could at least try and not make their suggestions ludicrously big too.

Heh, point taken :rolleyes:
Though sometimes (to explain to not-so-smart people (which I'm not mocking here btw, I'm actually trying to be nice to them, taking those readers in consideration as well)) it's necessary to explain with great detail, or otherwise the suggestion might be severely misunderstood. That's also why i show examples, as showing direct examples is often A LOT more understandable and educative.

But the Support/Shotgun-suggestion is by no means too big to read it all. My "What if..."-thread though... I can't say anything else but sorry for having so many ideas :eek::D:cool:

HOWEVER, if there is a suggestion which is "ludicrously big" (which i guess is a fault in it self, but nonetheless), is there REALLY a need to comment to mock the poster if you haven't read the whole thing first? I mean, if it is a huge post with lots of actual effort behind it, do you think, from the original poster's POV, it's fun to see people make snide remarks or a lazy post like "TL;DR"? Wouldn't it just be better to ignore such a thread in the first place?

After all, aren't these forums supposed to be (when the thread is serious) quite serious and somewhat "professional"? Trolls and flamebaiting is not only annoying, it's also very childish...

EDIT:
I have to think of the lazy readers:
TL;DR version - If you are lazy enough to NOT read something, then please have the decency to NOT respond with pointless/presuming crap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0