• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk Issues

Ulfric

Feb 15, 2011
I have read various postings on similar issues to mine but I did not see an answer. All of my perk advancements seemed to freeze as I have been playing for days and no changes. I deleted the User.Ini and KillingFloor.ini and this seemed to fix the solo game but not online. I tried head shots with the 9mm in solo and watched to head count increase. I then tried it online with a white listed map and head shot count does not increase. I have uninstalled Killing Floor and re-installed it and still seem to have the same issue.....HELP!!!:confused::confused:

I am experiencing a similar issue where I can't level up my perks in solo and on some servers which claim to have it enabled and on white listed maps.

I tried deleting my system folder and letting steam reinstall but it didnt seem to have any effect. This just started somewhat recently as I was able to level up in solo about a month or two ago.

Upvote 0
Perk issues - Maps

Perk issues - Maps

I made sure that I have been playing on either the standard maps that come with the game or Doom-Final-V6. I have just recently, in the last day or two, my perks started to increase again. I have done nothing, just played on the same servers I always played on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a near same issue. But mine is that the perks just dont show up. It gives me no choice of what perk to choose and if I try to view them all I get as the 'Unknown Steam Error Has Prevented Access To This' This has happened on most maps. Even the core maps. I have yet to find a fix that lasts. I have to restart the game each time this happens.

Upvote 0
I believe that some of you are connecting to(or have connected to) servers that run client side mutators that are getting stuck on and preventing you from earning Perks or having access to them at all. One solution could be to delete your KillingFloor.ini, another would be to delete your whole System folder and Verify your Game Cache in Steam, and the last line of defense would be the delete the whole KillingFloor folder and download it from Steam again(note that telling Steam to uninstall and reinstall a game will not work, you must physically delete the whole killingfloor folder under /Steam/SteamApps/common/)

Upvote 0