• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

.950 JDJ Rifle Idea

Wick

Sep 28, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.950_JDJ

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2200/2289.htm

I'm suggesting this so that if one could manage to gather the finances in-game to conjure this baby up, then the end-game boss (or any zombie hit) could be one-shotted. Of course it would have to cost a rediculous amount of money to buy it, and it would take up all weight spots (since a real one of these can weigh in around 85-100 pounds) lol

[Also, if you're like me and you like HUGE unnecessary weapons, then this is meant for you lol]

there was a fiasco with one-shot weapons?

Yeah, man. Back when the crossbow could single-shot fleshpounds (and under some circumstances, the Patty) and it was a total nightmare. People are fearing the same for a Barrett rifle in the works. It's meant to have huge damage and it's got to have a huge price to go with it, but this is a problem because it's as if almost nobody is going to have the chance to use it on a difficulty where they'd actually need it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, man. Back when the crossbow could single-shot fleshpounds (and under some circumstances, the Patty) and it was a total nightmare. People are fearing the same for a Barrett rifle in the works. It's meant to have huge damage and it's got to have a huge price to go with it, but this is a problem because it's as if almost nobody is going to have the chance to use it on a difficulty where they'd actually need it.
I understand where everyone's coming from but the way that I see it... They're guns.... they're not supposed to be fair in any way whatsoever... lol
If they made/make a Barret for in-game, they SHOULD make it that strong... but to balance it they should just make it overpriced... they should make the weight low too. What motivates me to give ideas and make models for KF is the fact that 99% of the people suggesting/making them, have absolutely no idea about guns and about 60% of them have probably never even held a gun before... I, however, have held many guns and shot them. I've seen what they can do and quite frankly, the only weapon on killing floor that has anything close to realistic stats is... i would have to say... maybe (that's a big maybe) the Handcannons... I'm just saying though. That's just IMHO. However, I digress.

One can also think of it as the fact that the characters are in a zombie apocalypse... If someone found a Barret, then I guarantee that it would be insanely overpriced... That's how balancing should be done. Not through the lessening of the damage of powerful guns or making them heavy when they're super light in reality.

Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
One can also think of it as the fact that the characters are in a zombie apocalypse... If someone found a Barret, then I guarantee that it would be insanely overpriced... That's how balancing should be done. Not through the lessening of the damage of powerful guns or making them heavy when they're super light in reality.

Yes, you're right. Anything powerful in a game should be expensive or hard to reach. However, if something is extremely powerful you're going to need to set a high criteria for players to achieve it. That's the problem. If we're going to have something that could cost, say,

Upvote 0
well, it seems like you might like Jack Carver and Ivan's weapon the M99 Barett (its in the general modding section), which has been modded into the game. Capable of nearly one-shotting pretty much everything (not FPs on HoE, those take 2).

That, and you mentioned 1-shotting the patriarch.....
I think, unless that was a one-shot weapon with a near unreachable cost and somehow difficult to use, then perhaps... :/

Upvote 0
well, it seems like you might like Jack Carver and Ivan's weapon the M99 Barett (its in the general modding section), which has been modded into the game. Capable of nearly one-shotting pretty much everything (not FPs on HoE, those take 2).

That, and you mentioned 1-shotting the patriarch.....
I think, unless that was a one-shot weapon with a near unreachable cost and somehow difficult to use, then perhaps... :/

absolutley. If something is that powerful there would be no way in He** that it would be anything but, however not impossible to reach, costly.

Upvote 0
Could make it so medic does not get points for damage done.

I think I'm misunderstanding someone here....I thought what he meant was that people would purposefully fire the gun to speed-level medics. Unless you mean that medics wouldn't gain experience from self-inflicted damage, although I don't know if the coding would make that possible :confused:

Upvote 0
I think I'm misunderstanding someone here....I thought what he meant was that people would purposefully fire the gun to speed-level medics. Unless you mean that medics wouldn't gain experience from self-inflicted damage, although I don't know if the coding would make that possible :confused:
He meant Medics wouldn't get XP from healing some one who self injured them selves with it, but that sounds hard to code as currently medic is any damage to a team mate.

Emphasis on healing OTHERS. You can't get XP from self-heal.

Upvote 0
when i first read this i was pretty sure you were just trolling the forums for the lulz .... i did laugh.

but in all seriousness, it would ruin the fun of the game.

(imagine an entire team doing HoE with only their 9MM's and/or a LAR so they can buy 1 of these ... and than 1HKO the patri :| anti-climax? )

^ this is of course impossible (or is it?)

just imagine playing a FPS (lets say CoD:MW3) and ALL weapons can 1 hit you.

Upvote 0

No offense to the modders, because they're doing a good job with the gun, but...due to balancing factors, the chance of the Barret being anything beyond a fun mod is almost non-existant.

Unfortunately, TC, that means that ANY gun capable of basically 1-shotting high level enemies is gonna have the same balance issues...

Upvote 0
I'm sorry to be nitpicky, but it's Barrett, not Barret or Barett. :eek:

And if you really want a massively overpowered weapon, which stop at that?

Why not go the extra 1.6km and put this ingame?

Spoiler!

I mean, if you want a really heavy gun that fires a big bullet, why compromise?

sarcasm intended

Upvote 0