• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Thread of modeling and stuff.

wiprender2323.png

Done.

Upvote 0
This. ^

While I understand how to use the program, I still suck arse at making models with it.

it IS complicated at first, and as i always say, its missing several important tools.

BUT once you get the hang of the hotkey system and learn the tools, you can make lots of actions without the need to click outside the modeling area, which speeds up modeling a lot.

Also , the amount of modeling tools is small, so you will learn to use most of them in a short time. im still searching for tutorials that teach me some new tools and trick but i dont think there are much more left.

the vertex welding system is better than in 3ds
the global/local axis locking system is awesome
the snap tool is awesome
boolean operations work well (i had problems with boolean in 3ds)
the face creation tool is better than the one in 3ds
the 3d view control with numpad and the track ball camera rotation is awesome
the fluid simulator is fun to mess around with

i

Reactions: Aztek2313
Upvote 0
and i found the easiest method to start learning it. is to switch left and right mouse buttons in the menu. so that way left button is select like we are all used to =)

oh and to change the view to perspective instead of Orthographic( i HATE Orthographic for 3d view lol)..
see link for explaination
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/3D_interaction/Navigating/3D_View

however another thing you can do to make it easier.. well it's easier for me is to slit the views to make 4 view boxes.

3 Orthographic views for top, side, front. and one Perspective for the 3d view.. but thats just me.

Edit: one last thing to do for ease of use.. i like it i dunno if you guys will is change that friggin trackball viewmovement to turntable. so much easier... granted the trackball view style is good for fine tunning but for general use... def got to go turntable...

oh and you change all these things by doing this..... you know when you start it up there is the one big 3d screen.
well at the bottem there is a bar with a bunch of lines in it just above that bar on the left there will be a button with a cube on it with 2 arrows one pointing up and one pointing down. click that and goto user preferences. alrighty we've made it to the menu =D. next up top you'll see a bunch of tabs. interface, editing, Input, etc...

go to input and on the left you'll see the select with option, the orbit style, and the zoom style.. set those however you want..

then go back to the button you presses earlier and go back to 3d view happy editing. =)

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D.*
Upvote 0
i dont know. there are too many flavors to chose from. which one would you prefer?

:eek: Well, I've always preferred the look of the Sterling myself. It doesn't look too old and clunky like the WW2 variants, yet it holds the side-mounted magazine like the WW2 variants, but IRL, it's more reliable than those. Also, it looks slightly more modern and acceptable, plus the barrel shroud is just sexy. :cool: Also, it's much-needed british weapon flavour that has been asked for for such a long time.

So yeah, my vote goes to the Sterling. :):):D

:IS2: be with you.

Upvote 0
:eek: Well, I've always preferred the look of the Sterling myself. It doesn't look too old and clunky like the WW2 variants, yet it holds the side-mounted magazine like the WW2 variants, but IRL, it's more reliable than those. Also, it looks slightly more modern and acceptable, plus the barrel shroud is just sexy. :cool: Also, it's much-needed british weapon flavour that has been asked for for such a long time.

So yeah, my vote goes to the Sterling. :):):D

:IS2: be with you.

Agreed definitetly the Sten that stands out.

Also, if anyone is interested, this is the gun that George Lucas based the Stormtroopers laser rifles on :)

Reactions: Aztek2313
Upvote 0