• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good cheat protection and a ping limit option for serveradmins!

That's not cheating that's exploitation. Exploitation is taking advantage of a flaw in the game, cheating is bringing third party cheat methods into the game.

my definitions in regards to "cheating" is a player doing anything that was unintended in order to give himself a competitive advantage....in my eyes exploiting is cheating. exploiting a map bug, an animation glitch, seeing through holes in maps etc... that imo is cheating.

what you're referring to with third part cheat methods i refer to as "hacking" as you are actually modifying code, using external programs etc... in order to change the game.

both are completely unacceptable. however with hacking, it's much easier to confirm offenses than it is with "cheating" via exploits etc... as that tends to become an issue of not only having to get definitive proof of exploiting but also defining what is an exploit and what isn't.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
I call hacking, cracking, black hatting whatever the act of creating a cheats or utilizing hex editors.

A cheat in my personal view is a 3rd party application to give someone an unfair advantage. An exploit is an in game setting or bug that gives someone an unfair advantage.

Generally for RO due to bullet drop and travel time aim bots aren't working that well (but aimbots are really easy to find out through spectating).

The issues come with wall hacks and radars, or even specific wallhacks for transparant objects or objects that can be shot through (foliage, smoke, fog). Unless someone is stupid it requires a lot of time to determine that someone is doing bad stuff or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nobody cheats in RO. For many many reasons. The game isn't popular enough, Communities are too tight knit for cheat systems to slip through. Then there's the fact that given the nature of ROOST's gameplay (projectile ballistics) cheating simply isn't practical, especially with the projectile lag. An aimbot will generally actually decrease the number of kills you get. Has anybody here every encountered a cheater in ROOST?

I actually find I get more kills when my cross-hairs aren't on the target due to recoil, so anything even remotely like an aimbot probably wouldn't work :p

-1 for not knowing how cheats work.

A proper aimbot would count how much it has to lead the target. Seen a few aimbotters on RO:OST, although they were using tanks. (perfect hits (3 hit kills) always with the fast-firing tank, instantly when came out of cover, even if the tank wasn't originally looking at that direction, played over an hour with the guy on the server, and I + the whole population of the server were 100% sure that he was cheating)

Last edited:
Upvote 0