• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are more servers "going stupid" after the last balance changes?

It seems that more server are "going stupid". The players stay connected but specimens just keep walking and nothing can be shot. Eventually the game disconnects. I don't remember this happening 6 months ago.
To be sure of what you are speaking of: When you join a sever both the players and the Zeds eventually start walking into walls, then after some time you disconnect?
If so, I believe it's an issue on your end, most likely your modem. I have the same, or similar, complication. I have to connect to every server twice.
Just wait until the problem arises and then type 'reconnect' into console twice.
There are some fixes in support section of the forums, but they don't help most people.

Upvote 0
That's it. I don't think it is on the client end because I've chatted with the other players using steam, and they were seeing the same thing I was.

Purely from my observations, I'd guess that it could be server or client side, either one, as long as there is some kind of disconnect between the two.

Upvote 0
As others have already said, this is a server crash or disconnect from the server (anything along your route from your computer to the server). Seen it a million times in UT2004 Invasion servers.

Possibly there's something behind the scenes that's causing more crashes than the previous patch. Try checking with the server admin to look at the crash log for a given time period and post the results of what caused the server crash (if indeed it was a server crash).

Upvote 0