• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 3 debut at gdc

What about it ?

Ha, if they do that even more of a argument to have "the old maps our dear fans loved so much in our previous releases"...go and if i read that people HOPE to have PRONE back i hate the ****ing consoleshooter**** even more.

You guys sure its PC-exclusive ? EA isent exactly the lesser "evil" when compared to "Actiblizzard" they just went a bit under the radar and let people **** allover MW2 ( and then peeps buyed it anyways), loled a bit in press releases but that dosent make them a less greedy company...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jesus some of you people are completely exaggerating. We should be waiting until GDC. If there's no prone and none of the other features pc players have been asking for/it looks more like a BC3, THEN feel free to flame on because then they'd seriously deserve to get kicked in the balls. But as for now, relax. BC2 was a sequel to BC1, a console exclusives. The whole series was designed for consoles primarily.

Reactions: BlackLabel
Upvote 0
To Drakon:

Seriously now, I too enjoy BC2 and play it from time to time despite my eagerness for RO2, but how many ****ing chances will you give to the same company/publisher before realizing that they will never get anything worthy for more than a month after release and then a bit every month for the rest of the year. And if they happen to get an above-decent game out, you will learn it soon before or after its release, no need to get hyped for it just because of the franchise. And after all those games (I would say after COD4 personally) that have been mediocre and just gave them another chance to laugh at you giving them your money, its time you laugh at them and stop even caring for their games, don't you think?

Edit: Sorry about all this btw, its not personal or anything, but I just read the online article of RO2 in pc gamer and realized even more that we need new games and ideas, as well as new people in the business...

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackLabel
Upvote 0
It probably will end up being BC3 using the Frostbite 2.0 engine and all. But wait I hear you cry! BC2 was on the Frostbite 1.0 engine and BF3 is on 2.0! Well I reply to that by saying the frostbite engine is the most spectacularly ****ed up and useless engine that a game developer has ever made.

It's so bad the devs even admitted that they can't fix it, that patching takes an age and that they could never release the mod tools.

The ONLY way I can see BF3 being awesome with FB 2.0 is if they COMPLETELY REMADE THE ENGINE FROM THE GROUND UP and there are absolutely no similarities between them at all.

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
To Drakon:

Seriously now, I too enjoy BC2 and play it from time to time despite my eagerness for RO2, but how many ****ing chances will you give to the same company/publisher before realizing that they will never get anything worthy for more than a month after release and then a bit every month for the rest of the year. And if they happen to get an above-decent game out, you will learn it soon before or after its release, no need to get hyped for it just because of the franchise. And after all those games (I would say after COD4 personally) that have been mediocre and just gave them another chance to laugh at you giving them your money, its time you laugh at them and stop even caring for their games, don't you think?

Edit: Sorry about all this btw, its not personal or anything, but I just read the online article of RO2 in pc gamer and realized even more that we need new games and ideas, as well as new people in the business...
Yea, telling people not to completely condemn it just yet makes me super-hyped about the game! :rolleyes:

Again: I'll wait and see how the game really looks, then I'll judge. I'm not sitting at home for the next 3 months scribbling all my high expectations on the wall. BC was a console franchise from the beginning, this is Battlefield 3 now. If it's just a BC3 then I'll probably skip, if it stears back to BF2/BF2142 it'll have me interested. Until GDC it's wait and see.

Upvote 0
It probably will end up being BC3 using the Frostbite 2.0 engine and all. But wait I hear you cry! BC2 was on the Frostbite 1.0 engine and BF3 is on 2.0! Well I reply to that by saying the frostbite engine is the most spectacularly ****ed up and useless engine that a game developer has ever made.

It's so bad the devs even admitted that they can't fix it, that patching takes an age and that they could never release the mod tools.

The ONLY way I can see BF3 being awesome with FB 2.0 is if they COMPLETELY REMADE THE ENGINE FROM THE GROUND UP and there are absolutely no similarities between them at all.
Well a big part of the problem is that it's a console-based engine that was designed from the ground up to run a particular way on consoles. I can only imagine the kind of stuff they had to do when they were building the engine to get all of the features they wanted in the game (like destructible environments, good lighting, etc) to actually RUN on a 360.

Upvote 0