• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon sway while walking on different surfaces

First off, what are you talking about? I have a negative opinion on a feature SUGGESTION from the community. That's not bashing RO2. I obviously care, but that doesn't mean I have to care about the detail obsessed community trying to make RO2 into a RO+, or Arma. I'm someone who liked RO somewhat but thought it was clunky as hell, and want to see RO2 be a great shooter, not a great 3d history lesson. I'm a huge history buff, but it has doesn't matter in a video game, in fact it's kind of disturbing.

you know that good 20% of the suggestions from the community here will most likely land in game due to the fact that those same suggestions were in RO.As for the RO1 felt clunky,yes it did,iven a long player of RO will tell you he wish that his soldier didnt felt like stiff robot + the fact that you cant interupt actions that are already in process.

But as you see from the videos RO2 is different in this areas,its more forgiving for new comers and veterans also.

But as for the sugestion in details that this community cares,I mean I wasnt here from the beggining of the game but to me it looks like that TWI team were more obsessed with historical accurate details of clothes,vehicles,weapons,accurate maps and the people who fell for this game bit the bullet and they are more into the details than TWI itself.

I know I'm not full of it,dev team travelled all the way to Russia to take pictures of that factory,and museum and what not else....these sort of details that they descided to do in the game its not because the regulars here are detail freaks,because TWI are freaks them self when it comes to history accurate stuff in general.

It wont bring anything into the game core,but game will feel unique than any other game out there.

Upvote 0
Problem with this suggestion is that in reality, you would instantly feel that you are walking on uneven ground and that it could affect your aim. In the game however it would just be annoying if your aim suddenly gets all shakey and you don't know why. So some sort of feedback is needed. Icons on the screen? Shaking cam? Sounds annoying..

Upvote 0
Problem with this suggestion is that in reality, you would instantly feel that you are walking on uneven ground and that it could affect your aim. In the game however it would just be annoying if your aim suddenly gets all shakey and you don't know why. So some sort of feedback is needed. Icons on the screen? Shaking cam? Sounds annoying..

Two things come to mind:

1) Visuals. I am sure snow will look different from tiles, and that you will be able to see the difference.

2) Sounds. Walking in snow will sound different from walking on a floor.

Upvote 0
One of the other problems with this idea is actually a development problem. It's one thing to have sound triggers for different surfaces, but now you have to map out every section of the map with it's effect on your aim. Some areas are going to have transitions, half dirt, half mud. Sometimes you would be in mud but the sway trigger wouldn't happen. It's just asking for a dev nightmare, as well as a hassle for the players.

I doubt there is any mud in the game deep enough to genuinely effect aim in real life anyways, I never noticed any difference for myself, but I never been shooting in a boot deep puddle of mud.

Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Upvote 0
One of the other problems with this idea is actually a development problem. It's one thing to have sound triggers for different surfaces, but now you have to map out every section of the map with it's effect on your aim. Some areas are going to have transitions, half dirt, half mud. Sometimes you would be in mud but the sway trigger wouldn't happen. It's just asking for a dev nightmare, as well as a hassle for the players.

I doubt there is any mud in the game deep enough to genuinely effect aim in real life anyways, I never noticed any difference for myself, but I never been shooting in a boot deep puddle of mud.

Don't talk about "development problems" if you know nothing about development... as every material already has set what kind of surface it is for purpose of footstep and hit effects, linking some other mechanics to surface type wouldnt be a problem.

Upvote 0