• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thick Rifle Scope reticules...why?

Sorry man, disagree, crosshairs do make a difference with distance shots at higher resolutions. Yes they work, but it bugs me that they blot out the rest of the object, but after watching the video I can see how a less angle may be better with pixle shooting. Personal preference I guess.

You can adjust the range meaning you can set it so that the target will be hit at the tip of the crosshairs or even above the tip of the crosshairs.

If anything sights that have a dot in the middle or a cross in the middle for me block exactly that spot i want to look at the middle of my scope. By setting the range slightly higher than your distance allows you to aim for instance a bit below the target and hit him. Giving you a full and clear picture of your enemy.

Upvote 0
In ost you could slightly change the scope reticule anyway. I believe there is an option that slightly manipulates the reticule thickness.

Therefore, like some of my other posts, as long as they don't change that option, this concern is not important.
Really? I've never heard of this. All I knew was that you could go from "textured" (black around scope) to the "3d" kind or whatever where you see outside the scope as well.

Upvote 0
Really? I've never heard of this. All I knew was that you could go from "textured" (black around scope) to the "3d" kind or whatever where you see outside the scope as well.

The 3d scope was pointier since all 3d scopes used the soviet sight design. And in a way by changing to the smaller scope the recticle is smaller as well. But in all reality that doesn't change the real width.

Upvote 0
You're right, shut down the forums, everything's available on Google anyway right? I mean, I should of gone to Google with a vague, rather specific history question, rather than approach a forum full of people who might be knowledgeable on the subject.

And it's not like I wanted to promote a discussion about the game mechanics at all is it? God forbid I should do that on the discussion forums for the very game in question! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0