• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Issues in RO to i hope to see fixed in ROHOS

*bounch*

Concerning weapon pick up 'system'..

just show the weapon you are about to pick up by using a small tool tip with a symbol instead of getting a list and having to select one from it!! (who on earth came up with this @ tripwire :S)

I've seen this in some latest footage and it really slows down gameplay :(
at least i want to pick up a rifle quickly when running over it and hitting enter button, not caring so much what to pick up. At least that is when you're a faced paced competitive FPS gamer instead of a 'cosy / casual gamer' who likes to play a game of FPS once in a while ;)

I mean, there wont be like 10 weapons on one single spot now will there?

Upvote 0
Ideas.. Ideas!

Ideas.. Ideas!

In regard to the discussion of tripods, I am completely in favour of a persistent system, e.g the tripod only deploying/folding away when the player presses a button.

You could then crawl, shuffle sideways, stand up, and hipfire all with the tripod deployed.

However, thanks to RO2's tasty "First person weapon collision" the player could collide with cover more when moving his gun if his tripod is still deployed. Therefore the player would learn, or could be trained, to fold the tripod out of habit.

The last suggestion is that the player can detach from their deployed MG/AT rifle much like the mortar in Darkest Hour.

P.S the reason I haven't mentioned the idea of the tripod auto-folding when you switch to another weapon, is because you might want to draw your emergency pistol quicker than that.

Upvote 0
Picking up items

Picking up items

(Sorry if this image is obnoxiously large, too much hassle scaling it down more)

8zjur9.jpg

Just a visual demonstration of the simple concept. The hand would be like a cursor for the player to choose which item/s to pick up.

My only concern is that I'm not entirely sure what the pick-up-items key should be in RO2, as with cover buttons and weapon mounting buttons I'm sure the RO2 keyboard will be crowded!

Upvote 0
*bounch*

just show the weapon you are about to pick up by using a small tool tip with a symbol instead of getting a list and having to select one from it!! (who on earth came up with this @ tripwire :S)

at least i want to pick up a rifle quickly when running over it and hitting enter button, not caring so much what to pick up. At least that is when you're a faced paced competitive FPS gamer instead of a 'cosy / casual gamer' who likes to play a game of FPS once in a while ;)

It's a bit of a grey area with that. Yes it's slow but what if you want to pick up that smg on the ground but accidentally get the rifle beside it. And positioning yourself over them to get the right one would take even longer.

Upvote 0
*bounch*

Ehm.. you haven't played RO, have you? Weapons pile up at defensive positions. Trying to pick up your preferred weapon and ammo was almost impossible. Picking one in a list is nothing compared to proning around stacked weapons to get that right angle so you can get the gun you want.

The list is a big improvement, trust me.

Upvote 0
Ehm.. you haven't played RO, have you? Weapons pile up at defensive positions. Trying to pick up your preferred weapon and ammo was almost impossible. Picking one in a list is nothing compared to proning around stacked weapons to get that right angle so you can get the gun you want.

The list is a big improvement, trust me.

Sooo true, the list will be a big improvement. Trying to locate the weapon you want was next to impossible at times.

Upvote 0
Just a visual demonstration of the simple concept. The hand would be like a cursor for the player to choose which item/s to pick up.

My only concern is that I'm not entirely sure what the pick-up-items key should be in RO2, as with cover buttons and weapon mounting buttons I'm sure the RO2 keyboard will be crowded!

Really not sure I like this, sounds almost like a claw crab mini game. You could at least have the hand still reach down, even if it was not used for selection.

As for what key to use, I use E in most F in games with lean.

Upvote 0
Really not sure I like this, sounds almost like a claw crab mini game. You could at least have the hand still reach down, even if it was not used for selection.

Well I was thinking that maybe when you DO click/press to pick the item up, the hand could reach down and get it.

In regards to the MG tripod discussion, a visual example of being able to 'disembark' your MG like I was saying:

YouTube - ‪Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad GDC '11 HD (Part 1)‬‏

Watch around 2:32-2:36. Your MG could be like an emplacement that you could pick up and move.

Upvote 0