• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commando Leveling Idea - Making the "Grind" less painful

Bebo1026

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 8, 2011
I'm not sure if this has been discussed at length before, but as most KF players know, leveling Commando can become quite tedious at times, especially when you aren't always able to kill Stalkers before someone else does. Not to mention, it's the only class that requires one to kill a specific specimen as well.

Anyways, just a quick idea I wanted to toss out that might help to stem the, well let's face it, boring grind to level this perk; Make Crawlers count towards the Commando's leveling? Hell, maybe work out a system such as 3 crawler kills = 1 stalker kill or something, seeing as they are much more numerous in comparison.

Seeing as it's pretty much a Commando's job TO take out the lower level specimens as fast as he can, why not give people more incentive to do so? Personally, I think this would really help new players to realize what a Commando should be doing, instead of shooting at full health Scrakes and FP's unless they have no other choice.

Imo the stalker issue is always raised not because it is an excessive number but because no one gives you the chance to kill them.

"Only having ONE target" leads to frustrating situations when you play in public servers ( seeing a demo shooting a grenade into a mob and a stalkers boby landing at your feet, for a commando trying to level that's just sad ), not to mention when the trolls actively steal kills.

Adding the crawlers is a good idea if you double or triple the numbers of specimens required. Adds a new target whithin the commando role and makes leveling commando less cumbersome.

Pros:
  • Teaches better gameplay conduct to commando;
  • Adds a new target to commando;
  • Reduces frustration and boredom of those trying to level;

Cons:
  • ... Can't think of any.

Upvote 0