• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hk MK23 & Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Hk MK23 & Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

• 4 Blocks (Single and Dualies = 4 Blocks)

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • 2 Blocks (Single 2 Blocks; Dualies 4 Blocks)

Votes: 66 81.5%

• Total voters
Far too halo-ey for my taste. In my opinion you should dumb down the optics to something a little less otherworldly. It also sounds like something from halo. Sounds like some alien weapon rather than a cartridge firing assault rifle.

I get that vibe too, but personally I think it fits the fact that they're experimental weapons (plus it makes tasty eye-candy). Great job. :D

Upvote 0
Great weapons, love the Mk23, I don't care for the weird reload sounds and the way the rifle looks weightless during reloads. Give it the pup reload anims and sounds and it would be perfect. Lose the ammo counter screen as well, or have it in digital numbers in the corner of the sight.

Like I said, these are great, balanced, fun weapons. I would like to see them in game.

Upvote 0
The things you suggested will never happen as we like the sounds and the reload animation is fine balancing wise. I'll maybe make a new one with the IK Handle animation method. However it will basically be the same, but look better.
Now i don't want to make a new thread for this so I 'll use this one:

We're working on the M99 Sniper rifle and it's almost finished. We thought about giving it an Acog scope and slightly more damage then the crossbow but longer reload times.
What do you guys think of it?

Upvote 0
The things you suggested will never happen as we like the sounds and the reload animation is fine balancing wise. I'll maybe make a new one with the IK Handle animation method. However it will basically be the same, but look better.

We're working on the M99 Sniper rifle and it's almost finished. We thought about giving it an Acog scope and slightly more damage then the crossbow but longer reload times.

The reload animation is fine, timewise, but you fling the rifle around like it weighs a couple of ounces. The sounds don't make sense, as it should be clicks or something, mechanical sounds.

The sniper rifle sounds good.

Upvote 0

It depends on what class the weapon is for. The obvious choice is Sharpshooter, but then I would suggest it having the same mechanics as the crossbow. The reason for this is that the crossbow damage is tuned to the Fleshpound health, and quite a lot of work went into this during the beta.

Another choice would be giving it to Support, with no additional HS modifier, but a load of damage increased by perk. That would fit well with the spike damage ability of that perk, and give some variation to the shotguns. Then higher damage and longer reload sounds good, but probably not an ACOG. Basically it could function as a single target version of the LAW.

Upvote 0
After playing with the two guns a bit more they both seem completely fine power-wise. The M7A3 felt extremely slow to reload though, considering that it's not THAT powerful compared to an AK or Scar and the fact that you can't shoot medi-darts during that entire time.

The HK's sights seem to be more similar to the Handcannon's then the 9mm's. What I mean by this is that the sights need to actually go over your targets head instead of just under it (like the 9mm's sights). This means that it's not as easy to use at long-range as the 9mm, and not as powerful at CQB as the Handcannon. This might be on purpose, but I just thought I shoul point out the fact.

Since both other handguns weigh the same single or dual (sorta), I'd be against single and dual weighing different amounts for the HK. However, I am for the HK weighing 2 or 3 blocks. 4 just seems like too much for a gun we want to encourage off-perk usage of.

Also, a small cosmetic note, that beeping sound at the end of the M7A3's reload can be explained by a small static fuzz on the ammo counter after the mag is inserted. It can be the ammo counter "reseting" itself. I'm not sure what else that beep would denote, perhaps that the weapon is ready to fire again?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The HK's sights seem to be more similar to the Handcannon's then the 9mm's. What I mean by this is that the sights need to actually go over your targets head instead of just under it (like the 9mm's sights). This means that it's not as easy to use at long-range as the 9mm, and not as powerful at CQB as the Handcannon. This might be on purpose, but I just thought I shoul point out the fact.

I use all 3 pistols the way I use a real handgun, and it works well. I put the front sight where I want the bullet to hit, and I headshot every time. With the sights correctly aligned, the top of the front sight is halfway down the head, or so. I use all 3 the same way, and have never noticed any issues. I can make head hits at pretty long range with the handcannon doing this as well.

This might explain what I mean:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...img71/6821/correcttargetpistolsighym7.jpg&t=1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use all 3 pistols the way I use a real handgun, and it works well. I put the front sight where I want the bullet to hit, and I headshot every time. With the sights correctly aligned, the top of the front sight is halfway down the head, or so. I use all 3 the same way, and have never noticed any issues. I can make head hits at pretty long range with the handcannon doing this as well.

This might explain what I mean:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...img71/6821/correcttargetpistolsighym7.jpg&t=1

Personally I feel like you can have the entire head just showing over the 9mm front sight and still get reliable headshots. On the other hand, with the HC you need to cover the entire head with the front sight, thus making you miss if the zed moves before you take the shot. That's just how it feels to me though.

Upvote 0
Personally I feel like you can have the entire head just showing over the 9mm front sight and still get reliable headshots. On the other hand, with the HC you need to cover the entire head with the front sight, thus making you miss if the zed moves before you take the shot. That's just how it feels to me though.

That is odd, I am not saying you are totally incorrect, but that is the way I have always done it, and it has gotten headshots. I think if the handguns weren't realistic like that, I probably wouldn't play. I mean, it is zombies, but if you are gonna have real world firearms and iron sights in your game, it should have most of the aspects of real world firearms handling.

if the way you are shooting works for you, that is cool.

Upvote 0
lol most people say so....... Some think the M7A3's one looksa bit too light but still looks like good quality.
Well noone has complained about the quality and to be honest I think that they mostly look like Tripwire ones.
So you won't see something like robotic movements or so... It has flow!
So you can eather download it and take a look, watch the video or just don't bother :troll:

Video made by Bartbear2

YouTube - KF M7A3 & MK 23 UPDATED

Last edited:
Upvote 0