• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Crash On Startup

NickTheMang

Dec 29, 2010
i bought killing floor when it first came out on the mac. it worked fine until about a few weeks after i bought it. when ever i start up the game from steam, the game crashes. i dont even get to the main menu. i see the game starting up, and suddenly the game crashes. i tried over and over again, but still it wont work. i have uninstalled and installed killing floor at least 5 times. i dont know what else to do. i contacted steam, and they haven't been the slightest help. one more thing i'd like to point is that killing floor works when i start it up through my apps, but i can't play online. if i were to start it up from steam, then i would be able to play online. when i click multiplayer when i launch it through my apps it says "steam must be running to play this game." please help me. any help is appreciated. i use a nvidia 9400 and 9600gt graphics card. my computer is also perfectly capable of running this game.

I am having the exact same problem... I have it installed on Steam, and when I click the "Play" button, Killing Floor tries to start up, momentarily does so (it shows up in my dock on my Mac), then crashes with no error message displayed or anything. I'm on Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6), and I have an Intel GMA X3100 graphics card.

Upvote 0
Ok. i'll try to be more exact. i first startup steam. then i click on the play button on killing floor.

afterwards, the game begins to load up and i also see it startup on my mac dock.
after about 3 seconds of the game trying to start up, it crashes right away. i don't get an error message either. another person just replied and has the same exact problem.

im using a macbook pro and have the latest software.

what i was trying to say in my last post was that when i start the game from my computer (not running steam) it works fine. the problem is, i cant play online because im not running steam. even if i start up the game, then open steam, it wont work.

now when i try to start up the game from steam (so i can play online) it wont work. please, im begging for someone to help me. i haven't been able to play this game in well over a year.

Upvote 0