• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buy partial armor

Buy partials of stuff? I want to buy a LAW rocket without buying the LAW and go around using the rocket as a melee weapon. Once it's durability runs out it explodes though.

Seriously though, the fact that can repair is a feature that was added recently. Used to have to pay for full armor, even if only one percent damaged. All weapons in the game have an initial cost and an upkeep cost but you cannot pay for the upkeep cost before the initial cost. Same with armor.

Upvote 0
Buy partials of stuff? I want to buy a LAW rocket without buying the LAW and go around using the rocket as a melee weapon. Once it's durability runs out it explodes though.

Seriously though, the fact that can repair is a feature that was added recently. Used to have to pay for full armor, even if only one percent damaged. All weapons in the game have an initial cost and an upkeep cost but you cannot pay for the upkeep cost before the initial cost. Same with armor.

Yeah, I played when you couldn't repair armor. This is completely different than weapons, though. A little bit of armor would be better than nothing.

Upvote 0
Sorry Rainy, but this one just doesn't quite make sense...
"We have a great offer with armor at only 300 quid, boys"
"But I only got 150"
"Well, that'd only pay for half of one...."
"Can I get....anything?"
"Well, I suppose...."
*Trader takes out chainsaw, saws armor in half*
"Here ya go, but you better get goin"

No, you could consider it as light, medium, and heavy armor, if you wanted a rational way to consider it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bloat: "Arrgh I wunz armorzzz"
Trader: "Sorry I don't have your size"
*Bloat rages* "AAAAAAARRRGHHHH" *Pukes on Trader*
Fleshpound:
lol-monkey.jpg

Reactions: Deafmute
Upvote 0