• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

ok so hear is a list of games i could get for crimbo-

Stalker clear sky
call of pripyat
Cryostasis
Penumbra 1/2/3 (or the collection)
metro 2033
fallout 3 with the addons/collectors

i would add ME2 and Bio2 but i have the first ones and haven't got round to finishing them yet so there's kinda no point.

I like orig stalker , deus and thief a lot. so any recomendations?
which is the best stalker, and do any have a decent populated multiplayer?

does anyone have the penumbra triple collection? is it a special edition in any way?

Upvote 0
Well, my program until the blockbusters in February-March+ 2011 arrive:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Amensia: The Dark Descent
Killing Floor
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Oblivion: Shiverings Islands
Nehrim(Oblivion TC)
Several HL2 mods
BF:BC2 Vietnam
Deus Ex: Invisible War

Should be enough for the coming 3-4 months, especcially since starting January I'll barely have any time for gaming anymore :(

Upvote 0
ok so hear is a list of games i could get for crimbo-

Stalker clear sky
call of pripyat
Cryostasis
Penumbra 1/2/3 (or the collection)
metro 2033
fallout 3 with the addons/collectors

i would add ME2 and Bio2 but i have the first ones and haven't got round to finishing them yet so there's kinda no point.

I like orig stalker , deus and thief a lot. so any recomendations?
which is the best stalker, and do any have a decent populated multiplayer?

does anyone have the penumbra triple collection? is it a special edition in any way?

Your list is pretty much a perfect "also recommended" list for Stalker.

The best Stalker is generally thought to be CoP though this is also the only one I have not played (waiting for Complete mod). Clear Sky was very enjoyable and gets a bad wrap. Play that with complete and you will most likely enjoy it if you liked the original. More focus on action rather than creepy exploration but it's done well.

As for Stalker mp I've played a little of each and there really is nothing special that I've seen. Maybe a good mod has popped up since but the servers I saw were usually just small deathmatch games. Not terrible but there's so many better mp options in other games.

Upvote 0
Your list is pretty much a perfect "also recommended" list for Stalker.

The best Stalker is generally thought to be CoP though this is also the only one I have not played (waiting for Complete mod). Clear Sky was very enjoyable and gets a bad wrap. Play that with complete and you will most likely enjoy it if you liked the original. More focus on action rather than creepy exploration but it's done well.

As for Stalker mp I've played a little of each and there really is nothing special that I've seen. Maybe a good mod has popped up since but the servers I saw were usually just small deathmatch games. Not terrible but there's so many better mp options in other games.

cool.
i would definately buy CoP or clear skies only i would like to get the versions with the soundtrack and extra bits, so i might go for something else, until i find them. ( i've got a massive back log of games to play so i'm not in a rush)
penubra appeals, as do other kinda 'indie' titles like defcon.
i'd rather get a couple of them than just say metro o fallout, that i might not get into

Upvote 0
Jedi Academy with better dismemberment and realistic corpses mods.

It's a thing of beauty to walk into a group of guys using Force Speed, kill all of them in slow motion, and then have your saber put away by the time a rain of severed body parts falls from the sky. As an added bonus, I can now go back 30 minutes later and see all those corpses still there, or practice my force skill swatting severed limbs and heads around. You can even Force Choke a corpse. Lol.

The saber dueling in Jedi Knight has always been good. With the non-politically correct amount of dismemberment, it's been upgraded to ****ing awesome.

Upvote 0
Jedi Academy with better dismemberment and realistic corpses mods..
do ever you use commands to spawn the characters in? I can't remember if i did in academy but i presume you could just like in jedi knight 2 -
once i was at the yavin level with the arena areas i used to spawn loadsa guys and let them fight it out.

soldiers heroes of ww2

Upvote 0
Got around to playing some of the games I picked up in the last steam sales.

Just started a joint campaign of Empire Total War with PsychoSam in which he's Britain and I'm France :) (He plays like a cowardly dog which doesn't surprise me :D)

Completed Kane & Lynch 2 which is way too short and again another one dimensional game. They've stripped it right down into a sleek shooter which looks great with the shaky cam and photo realistic locations but is sadly lacking any real gameplay. The Kane and Lynch series could have been great, I like the characters, story and setting but they haven't figured out how to deliver a good game yet. I am still hopeful that we'll get a Kane and Lynch that is a cross between Mafia and GTA.

Just downloading and installing Alpha Protocol but I'm not too hopeful as it looks rather clunky from all of the gameplay vids I've seen.

Upvote 0
Playing through Vanquish for the first time. This is easily the best console shooter I've played since Halo 1. It's an arcadey 3rd person shooter on crack, it has the spirit of a 2D shmup. Some critics complain about the voice acting and plot. Of them I ask: Do you require top notch voice acting and a captivating storyline from say Gradius or Metal Slug?

Also got Titan Quest, got a Storm/Spirit char to level 10. It's probably fun with friends, but none of mine play Titan Quest and it's just as boring as soloing any other hack and slash RPG.

Bought Section 8 but have been unable to play it due to the abomination known as Games for Windows. This is my first experience with that "service," and it has convinced me that Microsoft ruins everything it touches. Spent 10 minutes setting up an account (also the first time in my life the name Major Liability has already been taken), then it turns out I cannot connect regardless. It seems GFW doesn't like the fact I use Netgear software to connect to my router rather than the Windows wireless configuration. This is such a pain in the *** I'm actually going out of my way to avoid buying games that use GFW in the future. At least with single player games you can make an offline account, I really want nothing to do with this nonsense. It really makes you appreciate Steam.

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
Playing through Vanquish for the first time. This is easily the best console shooter I've played since Halo 1. It's an arcadey 3rd person shooter on crack, it has the spirit of a 2D shmup. Some critics complain about the voice acting and plot. Of them I ask: Do you require top notch voice acting and a captivating storyline from say Gradius or Metal Slug?
I heard it didn't sell well though? At least there was pretty much zero publicity

Upvote 0