• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some Weapon Ideas..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mossberg 500
[url]http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Image:Mossberg500.jpg[/URL]

The mossberg 500 could make its place in this game very easily. It is a widley used shotgun, so its place in killing floor would not be random.

To separate it from the othert shotgun, this one will have a tighter spread, but less damage per pellet. The shotgun would also be for the demolition perk. The shotgun would function normaly for everyother perk, but for demolition it would have frag rounds which do considerably more damage, but they are limited. As in, they have a separate ammo pool, the explosive rounds and the 12 guage rounds. Non demolition perks do not have access to the explosive ammo pool.

The reload speed will be roughly the same as the current shotgun, but the magazine tube will only hold 7 rounds.

Next we have the:

Heckler & Koch G36

[url]http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Image:G36.jpg[/URL]

This gun is also not a random addition, as many british police forces use this assault rifle. It will do roughly less than the bull pup but it is slightly more accurate. The gun will serve the commando perk respectivly, but it will have some features other assault rifles in the game do not.

Those feautures include a second magazine on the side of the gun for faster realoading. But of course, when you use both magazines, you have to reload one and put a second on the side of the gun. The gun holds 30 rounds in each clip. Also, the gun can fire in Full Auto or burst fire. The gun will also have a small scope as well.

These are all I could come up with at the moment.

Oh god... that colour hurt my eyes.

But besides that, the shotgun isn't needed, as it's pretty much a Shotgun copy. The explosive ammo would be very unbalanced, or just very hard to balance.

Though having a more realistic range than the other shotguns at the price of ammunition capacity is slightly more balanced.

I've also suggested the G36C for the same reasons.

Search for "G36C" in the search function to see what i mean.

Though the G36C would not be more accurate than the L22A1 (bullpup) because of the way the L22 is made.

The SA80 family of weapons are quite accurate, with the L85A2 being one of the most accurate assault rifles in the world; if not the most accurate.

The idea of having a second magazine clipped on is nice, i didn't think of that, however wouldn't the magazines already be joined together?

Just a last tip: we like this font and colour. Actually using colour for most if not all of your post is a good way to get it disregarded.

Also we've had many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many,many, many, many, many,
many, weapons suggestion threads before this one.

Thank you for your contribution anyway :)

The last thing i'll say is that we're looking for more British weapons, so if you can suggest them in the future that'd be good form :D

Upvote 0
you know, a lot better than most gun addition threads. For once I see that you are looking at more than just the gun itself, although you are knowledgable at that. You try and find a way to make these guns different, and you manage to pass much of it by Candlejack.

On the downside though, I am not so sure how these will be all so different. I can see the shotty with further range (with negatives of cost and ammo capacity) actually working, but I don't know how much more accurate and weaker you can get with the bullpup....I'll have to think on it. The main problem is just that these, despite being different, are not all too different from existing guns. So I don't know if these are too close and just copies, or far enough away and valid additions. Well, you gave me something to think about, which is more than most suggestions manage.

Cheers, :D

Upvote 0
Question is, where do these weapons come from? I mean the compound crossbow, knife, LAR and such are all believable since they are either fairly old (collectors might have them), or have some use out of the military. Once you start introducing modern high-tech weapons it makes all of the 'makeshift' weapons seem useless.

Not to put a downer on your ideas, just that most of these weapons suggested are pretty much the same apart from having differing calibre and magazine capacities.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.