• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire i love you

All I saw there is Valve ripping people off with a sequel for alot of dosh, while they could easily be expanding L4D1 from without splitting the community. -> SPLITTING THE COMMUNITY <- bad thing todo, very bad. So Valve doesn't count. :>

Valve does count.

Why would you want to, when there's Killing Floor?

Sometimes I get tired of KF and want to play L4D. Contrariwise, sometimes I get tired of L4D and want to play KF.

Upvote 0
L4D just couldnt grab me like KF did. L4D2 is just a rehash of part 1 with some extra weapons. Thats just my opinion offcourse.

KF has a far better instant play value, which is important to gamers like me who dont want to play camPAIN IN THE *** like in L4D. KF doesnt lie about beeing shallow and low story driven, and L4D forcedly tries to project a "story" on the players. Which can be fun to some, but I like KF for its pureness and straight forward gameplay.

Again...my opinion... sorry... :(

Upvote 0
Only issue i had with Left 4 dead was just the cooperation forced down your throat.

In KF you have maybe 2 specimens that can instifrag you, and at least when that happens it happens because you made a mistake and get killed instantly. Thats the same for all of KF, you die if YOU make a mistake.

Left for Dead on the other hand has 4 infected out of 5 that can instant kill you when you are alone and L4D2 has 6 out of 8. But its not the instifragging that causes the problem, its the fact that you get pinned down and have to wait to die. I personally love fighting the tank or running from a witch, it is adrenaline pumping and fun. Getting pinned down by a Hunter, or grabbed by a Jockey, or tied up by a smoker isn't scary or exciting, its just annoying. Further more its cheap, "lets take all control off of them during the attack". I rarely die in Killing Floor and feel I was robbed. In Left 4 Dead I always feel like I just got slapped in the face by the game mechanics.

Obviously you should never go alone in either game, but sometimes your team gets killed. In KF you can at least have a go at surviving, L4D you may as well just jump of the nearest cliff. No matter how much life you are on, you can be 100% and it won't make a difference. 1 Hunter/Smoker/Jockey/Charger and your instantly dead.

I can't count the number of times I desperately limped to the safe room on 1 Hp, the rest of my team counting on me. I see a hunter , I punch it away then 1 shot it. A boomer makes a move, I pop it safely from a distance. I beat back a sudden wave of regular infected, I'm almost there, turn the corner into the safe room, turn round to press E.... and get grabbed out the door by a god damned Smoker from 50 Ft away. I rage quit.

So to sum up. Playing KF I have fun, playing L4D I rage. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sammers
Upvote 0
You clearly don't play L4D (or rather, L4D2).

BTW I do play both L4D and yes I know they put out mutators and stuff but I see TWI doing a lot more to improve the game and make it balanced. L4D seems to be balanced but there are a few things wrong, that's for another forum tho.In all reality I have played all the games I mentioned, or I wouldn't have mentioned them. And TWI is doing some hardcore work here for us, they deserve a lot more then us just saying "TWI I love you" and saying how we appreciate them in a forum they might not even see. But none the less TWI takes care of its gamers, and they're the best. Simple enough.

Upvote 0
Valve doesn't ... care about game balance. :v

What. Team Fortress 2. Compare that to Killing Floor's updates in the past.

Clearly Valve can afford to update TF2 (not talking about hats here, just balance and bugfixing) since they're fuggin loaded, but Tripwire doesn't exactly show KF a lot of love. We just assume they want to.

Though, the upcoming balance patch has swayed me quite a bit. I expected to get ~2 patches a year with nothing but a new gun that seems community made - and maybe a minor patch for an exploit.

Personally I don't care much for "content" updates, when the game can be improved so much by just fixing the things that are wrong with it, which is exactly what the next patch is going to do. But apparently, the majority of people would rather get a new gun every month instead of something of substance like, I dunno, the ability to not beat suicidal easily with 6 sharpshooters using the same loadout.

tl;dr Tripwire (some, if not all) actually give a damn about their products and community, and I respect 'em for it. I just sound negative all the time. But don't go bashing other companies just because you haven't actually played their games.

Reactions: Sammers
Upvote 0
But don't go bashing other companies just because you haven't actually played their games.

Been playing Team Fortress 2 for ages, my most played game over 3 accounts aswell. And no Valve doesn't give a damn about their balance. They care about fun, which is a good thing to care for, but sometimes unbalanced stuff can take away that fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BTW I do play both L4D and yes I know they put out mutators and stuff but I see TWI doing a lot more to improve the game and make it balanced. L4D seems to be balanced but there are a few things wrong, that's for another forum tho.In all reality I have played all the games I mentioned, or I wouldn't have mentioned them. And TWI is doing some hardcore work here for us, they deserve a lot more then us just saying "TWI I love you" and saying how we appreciate them in a forum they might not even see. But none the less TWI takes care of its gamers, and they're the best. Simple enough.
A person who has played the game (or rather, someone who's played it lately) would not say such as "I don't see anyone from CoD or L4D team putting time and effort into making games harder and better." I don't know about Infinity War/Treyarch, but, like TWI, those at Valve that preside over games such as L4D do care about balance. Sure, they sometimes put fun as more of a priority with things such as the "TAAAAAAANK!!" mutation, but they work hard to make sure the game is both balanced and fun, again, just like TWI. And since they've more money, they roll out more updates on a more consistent basis compared to TWI.

*my opinion anyway

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To be perfectly honest, my only quarrel with L4D games is the community; the stress levels, insta-kill, and versus modes prime the thing for a very.....angry community. I get kicked a lot; people ragequite constantly, ect. TWI has their game more based on independent players and zeds, instead of the team reliance, therefore creating an atmosphere I prefer.

Altogether, L4D(+2) has a very different style, focus, and gameplay. People say a zombie shooter is a zombie shooter, but I disagree. In L4D games, its more about such things as : movie-like drama, run-and-gun, constant movement, scavenging, as well as great characters. KF focuses less on these things, and is thouroughly unique for it. The gameplays are intrensically different, so I dislike comparing the two.

I own both, so don't charge me a fake. However, for my personal tastes, KF is just more suitable to me. I love the community, the atmosphere, the playstyle, the humor. Theres a reason why I have played KF for hundreds of more hours than L4D2.

Just my 2 cents:D

Upvote 0