• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just a random question...

Scrakes might occasionally patch other specimen up. Thought never happens ingame, just going by their bio.

Specimen can't turn other beings into Specimen by hitting or biting. As the only bit of info we have (First is Patriach bio other is Security Officers Bio) about turning normal people into something like Specimen is GeneThreapy that Specimen and other people were subjected to (or they came of tubes with already tampered DNA). Which sounds more complitaced then shoving people in throwing a switch. So, yes if some smart specimen capture someone. But no, it is not contengious like zombie stuff.

Specimen are being literally pumped out from various Horzine facilities that had Vats to grow clones and there seems to be quite a few facilities dedicated to only growing them.

Specimen are not Zombies, even though they behave like one and occasionally called one. Truth is more disburbing :p

Not to mention they are either neuter, self neutered and single sex (thus even if they find a mate due to their engineered DNAs are unlikely to produce viable offspring).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was thinking how can specimens reproduct themselves? By biting the victim just like zombies do? From what I can see only clots eat the victim, or is it that they go back to the hospital and put themselves in the copymachine..?

you obviously haven't seen a crawlers picnic :D in fact they're the ones more likely to eat you than clots which were very picky..

as previously explained KF specimens are NOT zombies although we sometimes refer to them as zeds because of lack of proprietary short word to refer to them .. is "specs" acceptable? :D

you can also take cue from one of Patty's famous line before raping "Excellent! another batch of subjects.. RAWRRRR!"

Upvote 0
you obviously haven't seen a crawlers picnic :D in fact they're the ones more likely to eat you than clots which were very picky..

as previously explained KF specimens are NOT zombies although we sometimes refer to them as zeds because of lack of proprietary short word to refer to them .. is "specs" acceptable? :D

you can also take cue from one of Patty's famous line before raping "Excellent! another batch of subjects.. RAWRRRR!"

Well I have been playing with so many newcomers they starts to call them "zombies" that's why I also got a little confused =S

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
So we can stop the outbreak by destroying the cloning machines..?
That's what you are doing unless running for your life :p There are a couple problems with it though; initial Outbreak was so succesful the London is overran so fast, pretty much nobody is aware of what is going on. The second one is most Horzine installations are top secret, so nobody knows where all of them are. Its like you shutdown Biolabs but still have Wyre and Foundry producing clones. The Mountain Pass has a nice bit of information (even though community maps may or may not be ignored if it comes to that devs decide KF to have a more cohesive story), everyone is hunting for Horzine employees, either for more information to stop the Outbreak or because of "RAAAWR".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They don't make Stroggs like they used to anymore...

Stroggofication in Quake 2 is way ahead of the primitive ways of Quake 4*. A conveyor drops a human into a glass container, the container fills with brown goo and presto, you have a Strogg Guard armed and ready for action. No lenghty rides, no amputations, no chances of resuce.

*Not to mention Rhino squad is composed of dicks, they only rescue Kane and don't do anything about rest of the guys back in the line. At least kill them... dicks.

Upvote 0
Well I have been playing with so many newcomers they starts to call them "zombies" that's why I also got a little confused =S

While story-wise they are "specimens", take a look at the server data in the browser for once:
It lists 'Max runtime zombies' for the amount of specimens that can be out at once.

Maxruntimezombies.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, calling them specimen OR zombie is fine with me, even if they're not the typical undead kind of zombie. Voodoo zombie are already a different kind of a zombie, so I don't see why there can't be more kinds.

Upvote 0
I love how the guy get's tortured and mutilated yet still isn't killed.

:I

YOU'DDIETOOIFYOURLEGSWERESAWEDOFF

yeah, the guy does take the amputation abnormally well.

And for soem reason, the blood isn't massively spewing out of the exposed arteries (the amputation itself wouldn't kill you, just the blood loss). I suppose if the saws were superheated, the wound would be burnt shut, but those looked like regular saws....

Go figure

Upvote 0