• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor update released

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
We have pushed out an update for Killing Floor bringing it to version 1015. The change log is as follow:

• Fixed the MAC-10 third person sounds.
  • Fixed an issue where money was doubled at the end of a wave
  • Fixed a server exploit
This is a required update for Killing Floor, if you are a server admin you must run the hldsupdatetool to get the latest version of the Killing Floor server to remain compatible with clients.

Reactions: Merin Redplate
I think some of the other beta files were mixed in with this release, specifically the crossbow changes. In the Beta, DamTypeCrossbow.HeadShotDamageMult was set to 1, down from 1.3. If you export the scripts with the SDK, you'll see that DamTypeCrossbow.uc now also has the 1.0 head shot multiplier in the 1015 patch.

Against fleshpounds, a level 6 Sharpshooter needs 2 head shots to kill on 6 man suicidal as of this patch.

Reactions: EonSeig
Upvote 0
How about limiting the headshots to weapons in real life that are capable of doing so. (Fire axe, machete, maybe knife, katana, deagle, shotgun, boomstick and AA12.)

assault rifle burst can destroy a cranium with ease. In close combat or in melee even a 9-mm pistol can one-shot human skull to pieces. But zed's are not humans, they are freaks. And their heads may differ from ours.

(and of course, even without head gibbing a bullet to the head cause mashed brains. It may look like a little hole or yawning wound, even as a head explosion. In game there is headshot because it is demonstrative, fun and marking still walking corpses, preventing further waste of ammo)

Upvote 0
you guys posting about the crossbow.......i just played in a 5 man suicidal match last night and FPs were dropping in 1 headshot no problem.

yet to play with a 6man match, but you'll telling me that adding one player will force it to 2 shots?

FP's take 2 level 6 sharpie xbow headshots to drop on suicide. I'm not sure what server you were playing on, but I played on about 2 or three suicidal servers 4 days ago where FP's required two shots. The number of players varied from 2 to 4, to even 5. It didn't matter because the 2 shot xbow rule on the FP head still held true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah, what we saw was there were 5 players, but one guy kept running off on his own and always died within 30 seconds....before any FPs attacked the rest of us. :D so technically there were only 4 players alive, and thus the health was readjusted so 1 shots were still possible.

after playing over the last week, it is correct, 5+ (living) players in suicidal requires 2 headshots. but like i said in one of my posts that was recently deleted, all that resulted in is teams comprised of more sharpshooters...

Upvote 0
yeah, what we saw was there were 5 players, but one guy kept running off on his own and always died within 30 seconds....before any FPs attacked the rest of us. :D so technically there were only 4 players alive, and thus the health was readjusted so 1 shots were still possible.

after playing over the last week, it is correct, 5+ (living) players in suicidal requires 2 headshots. but like i said in one of my posts that was recently deleted, all that resulted in is teams comprised of more sharpshooters...

Are you absolutely sure about this 5+ person rule for double x-bow head shots on suicide?

I talked it over with another player last night who said it takes 4 players before it takes two xbow head shots on suicide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0