• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

brazilian portuguese translation

>F|R< CoMuNisTa

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2006
I'm here again offering my help to translate your game to PT/BR language.

I had tried to translate ostfront in the past, but Ramm said there were some needed files that were not distributed with the game, so he promissed me an e-mail with those files attached, as seen here. That e-mail never came. :(

Now in RO2, if you could send me the text files, I can translate it all before release date as you guys might want to publish the game with PT/BR support out of the box. Brazilian RO community 'by RO standards' isn't small. We got a site, servers, a few clans ( 3 active clans today - you can actually say we are now world's top3 most active clan community of 2010 :D ) and lot's of hope in RO2 success in Brazil due to your big improvement in publishing.

My contact e-mail, if needed, is renatozuma at gmail dot com.

You might as well want to check our community site at www.redorchestra.com.br

It's a new site since the old one has been abandoned by it's owner a few months ago.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Excellent idea, Comunista!

Brazilian online gaming community is really big, Ramm. I wouldn't let it pass without giving it a chance

thanks camarada

oh btw, are you really from venezuela? Do you know chavez (not the president, the player :D) ?

you might want to participate in our national community or maybe even join my clan for some competitive gaming. We've been uniting south american players since 2006. We got 2 from venezuela. Also a few from argentina, chile, colombia, etc etc etc

Upvote 0
Boa ideia aqui em Portugal tambem a muita malta que quer o jogo
good idea here in Portugal many people want the game

Sure, considering there's no significant differences between PT-BR and PT languages, this translation can reach both markets.

Yup, he's my cousin. I play as [Vzla]mR_zERo_kILLs

ahh eres tuu

Upvote 0
It's great that you are willing to translate, but I like to see games as an excellent learning platform. Hell, I learned how to speak english(well.. read) through pokemon on gameboy. Having everything translated to your language could be kind of a language trap.

However, if you really believe it would keep people from playing the game, by all means, do it.

Upvote 0
if you really believe it would keep people from playing the game, by all means, do it.

The very hardcore gamer won't really bother. But lots of average people do tend to buy games (and not pirate) when their language is supported, especially when it comes to Single Player, which HoS will include. Overall it's a solid way for a company to tell it's costumers that it does "care" about them, thus making a much bigger part of these players care back instead of simply pirating the game.

Then again in MP, RO has always looked kinda complicated to newcomers and we all don't believe it will be much different with HoS, unless they dumb down it's gameplay drastically. By providing map indications, objective details, map/weaponry descriptions, taunts and so on in other languages, the game becomes much more appealing and immersive to non-english speakers.

Upvote 0
We all speak fluent English. So no need for translation. And since we never have had any translations in games, it would actually feel extremely weird to have them, really. :)

It mainly feels weird because translation is done so poorly. Just a little better than google translator would do. Once tried to play TF2 with finnish subtitles. Horrible. It was like reading something that 2nd year elementary school kid would have written. Game localisation is bad thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It mainly feels weird because translation is done so poorly. Just a little better than google transaltor would do. Once tried to play TF2 with finnish subtitles. Horrible. It was like reading something that 2nd year elementary school kid would have written. Game localisation is bad thing.
Yeah, most of them are terrible in any language, but the one thing I hate the most is dubbing, especially when made by Russians. In most countries they hire a different voice actor to dub each one of the characters in a movie, but in Russia, it's usually a single male voice actor that dubs all the characters, including the female ones :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, most of them are terrible in any language, but the one thing I hate the most is dubbing, especially when made by Russians. In most countries they hire a different voice actor to dub each one of the characters in a movie, but in Russia, it's usually a single male voice actor that dubs all the characters, including the female ones :D

Yeah, I have seen few of those and I must say that those are true classics. The voice is pretty much the same for all the charachters. And one can actually smell the vodka from the dubbers voice. :p

Upvote 0