• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] whats your fav games of all time?

I always find it hard to choose just one so here are 10 (These tend to change depending on what mood I'm in)

Shenmue (Dreamcast)
Realms of the Haunting (PC)
Fallout (PC)
Beneath a Steel Sky (Amiga)
Outcast (PC)
Shadowrun (SNES)
Bladerunner (PC)
System Shock 2 (PC)
Speedball II (Amiga)
Theme Hospital (PC)

These are the games that I thought were excellent at the time and still hold up to re-playing today. Many games I go back to with fond memories and I end up disappointed in them.

Upvote 0
It's funny though, somehow it seems to me like those "old" games were much more awesome than modern ones. But I'm sure that if I'd play them again I wouldn't think so any longer. Joint Operations would be a good example. For some reason I remember that game to be incredibly awesome and even way superior to BF2. But if I played it again I'd probably totally prove myself wrong.

Upvote 0
Damn you Chrono Trigger was never released in Europe :(

X-Wing Alliance - best space game
Galactic Battlegrounds - yes I know basically an Age of Empires 2 mod but I loved it

and now for none Star Wars games

F-Zero - best racing game EVAR
Dark Messiah
Half Life
HL: Episode 2 - still the best modern single player FPS (sadly?)
Red Orchestra - obviously, the only FPS worth playing online, except for Killing Floor
Empire - the only Total War game worth playing (at least for me)
Operation Flashpoint - pure nostalgia
Terranigma - haha was never released in the US

I never could pick one and still a lot of other great games are missing like Vietcong, GTA IV, etc.

Upvote 0
PC - deus ex, thief 2, halflife, total air war, vietcong, OFP, ravenshield, i-war 2

N64 - goldeneye, perfect dark

amiga - Lasersquad, syndicate, elite , carrier command, F-29 retaliator, indy 500, FOrmula 1 GP, kick off 2, dune II

Snes - mario world

megadrive(genesis) - micro machines 2 , pga golf series.

Cmb64 - last ninja series, Ik+, airborne ranger, elite ,bruce lee.

Spectrum - elite, mercenary , driller series, rebelstar, quazatron, JSW, psytron.

Upvote 0
In no particular order... I love all these games. In terms of emotional impact I'd say OFP, Freespace series, Thief series, and Battlezone series are the most significant for me though.

-Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (and Resistance and Red Hammer)
-Red Orchestra
-IL-2 Sturmovik (yet to be surpassed a decade later... the mods add considerably to it too)
-Freespace 1 and 2
-Thief series (yes even the third which I loved even though everyone else seemed to not)
-Starcraft 1 and 2
-Battlezone 1 and 2 (so freaking amazing and unique, if you haven't played them... GET THEM NOW, they've aged very well, even the first---I would KILL for a third)---note, I'm NOT referring to the Atari game
-Rainbow Six series (up until Raven Shield, after that it turned to poo)
-Battlefield 2142 (unusual for me... but I really had a blast playing it back in the day and still do occasionally)
-Tie Fighter (incredible at the time... only superseded by Freespace series)
-Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
-CnC Generals (great stuff back in the day... loved GLA :))
-And for nostalgia's sake... Red Alert, the game that got me into all this ;)

I see so many people mentioning Deus Ex... is it worth playing today or is it too dated except for those who played it when it was released and get the nostalgia factor?

I'll also add that Battlezone 1 is free to download... people still even play it on multiplayer (though the SP is where it's at for me, great storyline and missions and very challenging unlike most of today's games)

Last edited:
Upvote 0