• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The analysis of KF weapons-I have an idea

Just as the topic.
The KF weapon system is in too much a mess today.Something needs to be done about them.

In KF the PRIMARY weapon seem like in 3 grades for most perks.(Handguns are always buffed by DMs though...)
PS:DM stands for designated marksman,or in other words,the sharpshooter.

Grade C:junior weapon.Used when everyone is in insufficient funds at the beginning.Usually cheap and not very high on attributes.Can be replaced by Grade B and A weapons if the team is in sufficent funds.
eg:pump shotgun,LAR,Bullpup,machete,M79

Grade B:middle-attribute weapons.These weapons are much more powerful than the junior ones and probably own unique attributes.
eg:Hunting shotgun,crossbow,AK,chainsaw,flamethrower,M32

Grade A:High-rank weapons.These weapons are even more powerful and they also own unique attributes.But Grade A weapons cannot take the place of the Grade-Bs because of the different unique attributes.
(For example,AA12 can spam quickly but hunting shotgun own the highest damage in a blow.M14 can shoot much faster but nothing kills a FP in a blow other than a headshot from a crossbow from a LV6 DM.)
eg:AA12,M14,SCAR,mac10,katana,LAW

Grade C weapons are cheap.B more expensive,A the most expensive.But due to the unique attribute B and A are adopted at the same time.This grants diversity to the weapons players use.
Normally a LV5 is respawn with C weapon of his class.LV6 with B weapon.

So how many weapons do we have...now?

Medic:MP7A1 only.Since medic is defined as a support class,this could be okay.
Support:C as pump,B as hunting shotgun,A as AA12.
DM:C as LAR,B as crossbow,A as M14.
Commando:C as bullpup,B as AK,A as SCAR.
Berserker.C as machete,B as chainsaw,A as katana.Knife for backup only.
Firebug:B as flamethrower,A as mac10.We need another weapon for firebug.
Demolition:C as M79,B as M32,A as LAW.Pipebombs is not part of the discussion.

Too many weapons will result in some of them drop out of our sight,and that is not a good idea.

I had written a thread about adding a bayonet rifle in order to improve the situation when berserkers contact crawlers and husks.But take a look at the list above...Bayonet rifle is a multiperk weapon of DM and berserker,and both of them have 3 weapons already.ADDING A NEW BAYONET RIFLE WITHOUT DELETING IS A BAD IDEA.

Another thing I have noticed:Few uses LAR or machete(at least I see none).This two weapons are enough useless already.

Since it has come to this,I'd like to delete the machete and LAR and replace them with a Bayonet rifle-Arisaka bayonet.

This is not a simple added weapon,this is the conclusion of 3 weapons strategy.

Why Arisaka instead of SMLE?Because the reload of SMLE is too complex(mag capacity 10,reload 5*2).Arisaka have no such problems.
One more thing,the bayonet of SMLE is pretty awful while Japanese own the best quality melee weapon manufacture industry.No wonder Japanese wins the order.

delete the machete and LAR

Err the LAR is an awesome weapon and I'm sure medics will use it much more once the xbow and katana get nerfed. And it seems the machette will get improved too so wait a little to see how it turns out.
Anyway it's often a little more complex than weapon A > weapon B > weapon C (or at least it's what the devs are trying to do I think)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
where do you go where LARs aren't ever used?

Sure, I understand your machete point, but many medics, zerkers, SS, and more use LARs. It is one of my favorite weapons at that.

As for the machete point, you may actually see an increase in usage of said weapon coming soon Beta!

As for the rest of it, I honestly could not quite get at your exact point

Upvote 0
It's probably difficult to tell,but LAR is useless on suicidal...Especially when there are 6 players.Against FPs?scrakes?sirens?husks?It's totally ineffecive using LAR.
(6 players suicidal,or even more players)
I see loooooooots of crossbows in that situation,almost everybody EXCEPT commandos carry one.Why not LAR?Cause LAR won't help any on that situation...
Same reason as the bullpup.It's totally underpowered.AK is not very expensive,and with a much better firepower.

Upvote 0
It's probably difficult to tell,but LAR is useless on suicidal...Especially when there are 6 players.Against FPs?scrakes?sirens?husks?It's totally ineffecive using LAR.
(6 players suicidal,or even more players)
I see loooooooots of crossbows in that situation,almost everybody EXCEPT commandos carry one.Why not LAR?Cause LAR won't help any on that situation...
Same reason as the bullpup.It's totally underpowered.AK is not very expensive,and with a much better firepower.

hahahaha crossbows wont be so predominant for long!:D

the LAR meanwhile is reliable. people dont use it for later waves....but often to go to the next tier. Its an excellent weapon altogether, and is used more often then you think (and what in hell's name do you mean by "bad on husks"? 2-hit kill, with the first stun, its a husk-killer!)

and the bullpup has a reliable cult following, and acts as a nice tier 1.

The main idea here is to basically discard all weapons that lose customers to the common weapons that are over-used. When the beta comes, you will see what I mean; I personally predict a LAR revival.

Upvote 0
Just as the topic.
The KF weapon system is in too much a mess today.Something needs to be done about them.

In KF the PRIMARY weapon seem like in 3 grades for most perks.(Handguns are always buffed by DMs though...)
PS:DM stands for designated marksman,or in other words,the sharpshooter.

Grade C:junior weapon.Used when everyone is in insufficient funds at the beginning.Usually cheap and not very high on attributes.Can be replaced by Grade B and A weapons if the team is in sufficent funds.
eg:pump shotgun,LAR,Bullpup,machete,M79

Grade B:middle-attribute weapons.These weapons are much more powerful than the junior ones and probably own unique attributes.
eg:Hunting shotgun,crossbow,AK,chainsaw,flamethrower,M32

Grade A:High-rank weapons.These weapons are even more powerful and they also own unique attributes.But Grade A weapons cannot take the place of the Grade-Bs because of the different unique attributes.
(For example,AA12 can spam quickly but hunting shotgun own the highest damage in a blow.M14 can shoot much faster but nothing kills a FP in a blow other than a headshot from a crossbow from a LV6 DM.)
eg:AA12,M14,SCAR,mac10,katana,LAW

Grade C weapons are cheap.B more expensive,A the most expensive.But due to the unique attribute B and A are adopted at the same time.This grants diversity to the weapons players use.
Normally a LV5 is respawn with C weapon of his class.LV6 with B weapon.

So how many weapons do we have...now?

Medic:MP7A1 only.Since medic is defined as a support class,this could be okay.
Support:C as pump,B as hunting shotgun,A as AA12.
DM:C as LAR,B as crossbow,A as M14.
Commando:C as bullpup,B as AK,A as SCAR.
Berserker.C as machete,B as chainsaw,A as katana.Knife for backup only.
Firebug:B as flamethrower,A as mac10.We need another weapon for firebug.
Demolition:C as M79,B as M32,A as LAW.Pipebombs is not part of the discussion.

Too many weapons will result in some of them drop out of our sight,and that is not a good idea.

I had written a thread about adding a bayonet rifle in order to improve the situation when berserkers contact crawlers and husks.But take a look at the list above...Bayonet rifle is a multiperk weapon of DM and berserker,and both of them have 3 weapons already.ADDING A NEW BAYONET RIFLE WITHOUT DELETING IS A BAD IDEA.

Another thing I have noticed:Few uses LAR or machete(at least I see none).This two weapons are enough useless already.

Since it has come to this,I'd like to delete the machete and LAR and replace them with a Bayonet rifle-Arisaka bayonet.

This is not a simple added weapon,this is the conclusion of 3 weapons strategy.

Why Arisaka instead of SMLE?Because the reload of SMLE is too complex(mag capacity 10,reload 5*2).Arisaka have no such problems.
One more thing,the bayonet of SMLE is pretty awful while Japanese own the best quality melee weapon manufacture industry.No wonder Japanese wins the order.

The weapon system is fine, TWI did an excellent job.

The LAR and Bullpup are used more often than you think. Your experience is an inadequate base with which to make assumptions.

The machete is getting a boost in the upcoming Beta. That is all.

The Arisaka isn't as good as the SMLE. One would also question why such a weapon is in BRITAIN, while no-one would similarly question the SMLE.
The reloading is interesting, and unique. Unique is good.

The quality of the bayonet isn't in question here, it does its job fine. The Japanese don't win the order.

I'm sorry it has to be this way, but i'm in opposed to you. You haven't taken into consideration the history of the LAR and Bullpup, or even gathered others opinions on their usefulness.

I must categorically say no.

Upvote 0
The weapon system is fine, TWI did an excellent job.

The LAR and Bullpup are used more often than you think. Your experience is an inadequate base with which to make assumptions.

The machete is getting a boost in the upcoming Beta. That is all.

The Arisaka isn't as good as the SMLE. One would also question why such a weapon is in BRITAIN, while no-one would similarly question the SMLE.
The reloading is interesting, and unique. Unique is good.

The quality of the bayonet isn't in question here, it does its job fine. The Japanese don't win the order.

I'm sorry it has to be this way, but i'm in opposed to you. You haven't taken into consideration the history of the LAR and Bullpup, or even gathered others opinions on their usefulness.

I must categorically say no.

nothing much to say,but reloading the SMLE can be a real challenge for programmers...However,players have the right to speak.Just do at the player's wish.

Upvote 0
i prefer the LAR over the m14, because m14 it's no a sharpshooter weapon, it should be a m21 or the SMLE, m14 doesn't stun (now 1014 it doesn't even stun a gorefast); LAR it's a nice weapon (i hate its mmm shape), does its job very well, i even killed a FP in suicidal party, can stun husk, scrake... it makes you aim well couse its sluggish to reload (at some point) its a SS or DM weapon...

bout the bullpup i prefer it over ak, couse its deadly when well used, it has almost no recoil, good head removal, nice 50 mag, quick reload, 9 mags = 450 bullets... that in combination with scar makes a commando a good small-med zed sweeper.

the best idea, i think, would be to add a bayonete weapon, not necesarily a SS... could be a m16, or the ak, or even the law (just kidding xD), so a zerker has its bonus and a distance weapon for those annoying husks in open maps (can supress you with 15 shots from a mile away before u see em xD) i personally like to see the good ol' SMLE.. it doesn't need to be the 10bullets version... the earlier ww1 its 5 like k98, etc... (if its a LAR, wich its a cowboy rifle, why not a ww1 reliable rifle?)

cheers bigears!

Upvote 0