• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

And now ladies and gentlemen, the men behind the IS-2!
Zhozef Kotin!
kotin_zhozef.jpg

Nikolay Dukhov!
duhov.jpg

Give them a hand! For summoning the IS-2 into action, and victory!:IS2:

Upvote 0
Nikolai is only 3 times a Hero of the Soviet Union?!?!?! This is not graet justice.

True. But after all, those golden stars were merely earthly distinctions and therefore - in the end - insignificant. The true prize and reward was the Glorious domicile in the Everlasting Steely Kingdom, where Nikolai sits on the right side of the The True Absolute, and from where he will condemn all tank designs from here to eternity to be merely tractors, if even that.

Since there is only one Tank and we are His witnesses.

Halleurraahh, Brothers in :IS2:!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is-2 could've been the best tank if it had been equipped with the dt100 gun instead of the d25t 122mm. DT-100 had better penetration, decent HE and reloaded very fast, also carried much more ammo. However, because IS-2 had a slow loading gun and could only carry a mere 28 rounds, its gun and armour advantage is nerfed, therefore it isnt the best tank.
And btw i just realised that this thread has been alive for over 4 years.:eek:

Upvote 0
The IS2 was without a doubt the best vessel at sea during WW2. Not only did its quad barrel 122mm turret seed destruction to any fleets it came up against, it could also submerge itself much like that of a U-Boat.

Its heavy armor rendered air attacks useless and it also contained a small aircraft bay. Coincidentally, its bays consisted of flying IS2, clearly the best aircraft of WW2 thus allowing it to take on even the best of the Luftwaffe. The flying IS2 packed plenty of firepower to take out any target, superior armor and its rear firing MG could take care of any pursuing aircraft. :IS2:
Dude this post made me lol so hard i can barely breath. How do u put on sigs cause this is the most epic post ever.
I can totally see the flying iS2's with other is22's jumping out if it as is2 paratroopers, crushing anything it comes against lolol.
Also, i now officially convert to IS2ism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olivier and slavek
Upvote 0
Is-2 could've been the best tank if it had been equipped with the dt100 gun instead of the d25t 122mm. DT-100 had better penetration, decent HE and reloaded very fast, also carried much more ammo. However, because IS-2 had a slow loading gun and could only carry a mere 28 rounds, its gun and armour advantage is nerfed, therefore it isnt the best tank.

What's this? Someone actually attempting to discuss the viability of the IS2's combat efficiency being classified as superior to it's contemporary adversaries? Logic has no place here, in fact logic is the antonym of this thread.

Upvote 0
While the IS2 is the greatest tank ever, what other tanks of WW2 do you guys think are good?

I think T34/85's serve as good cleanup crews for the IS2's, while the IS2's re crushing their way through the countryside at a 100 miles per day, the T34/85 can cleanup whatever scraps are left....

I think that the Panther and Tiger are formidable opponets simply because the IS2 actually has to think to make them blow up, whereas in all other enemy tanks the crewmans heads explode if they come within 10 miles of the IS2, the Panther and Tiger are good enough to the point where they can actually lay eyes on the IS2 before going blind then expoding.

Reactions: fOgGy and Hausfeld
Upvote 0

I think the one flaw of the IS2 is that the gun may be a bit overpowered, since one shot can destroy the entire universe.

Upvote 0
This is a very old thread and happens to be a huge joke among these forums. Just remember that the IS2 is the greatest tank, ill speak of this tank will deem you a heretic. ;)

You can add sigs through your user page. Click user CP at the top of the page.

negative rep for saying this is a joke

Upvote 0
Upvote 0