• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzer IV F1 and crude T34.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Since it would only be an alternation to already existing tanks, I would like to see....

Panzer IV F1, with the shorter barrel, it would be good for CA maps where its more for support.

Crude version of T34, I know in the early days of Stalingrad the Russians made crude versions of the T34 in the city itself, these tanks didn't have optics and didn't have paint jobs.

It would be nice because it wouldn't take much effort to put in the game, they would be nice for CA maps.

When was the T-34 85 introduced? At the end of the Battle of Stalingrad, or even later?

I ask because that it would be ideal tank to also give the Russians, and might not take as much work as modeling an entirely new tank. I don't know how similar the T-34 (76) and the T-34 (85) were, however, so I might be completely off in my assumption.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
Nope, sorry. 1944. It used the same chassis (or similar) to the /76, but it's turret was a total overhaul complete with a commander's cupola, obviously the 8,5 cm gun and a three man layout. Apart from the /76, the majority of AFVs by Stalingrad were either KV1s or still the light inter-war models such as the T-26 and BT series. As I've said in another thread, once you have to biggums' in the game, work your way down and take care of the less known but still numerous light vehicles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be nice because it wouldn't take much effort to put in the game, they would be nice for CA maps.

That's not really true. It's not a case of lopping off the barrel and everything's perfect. If you edit the initial model it screws up a lot of things.

For starters they need to make sure the topology flow is still decent on the model with the front barrel shortened. They need to re rig portions of the tank so that it moves properly which can be time consuming. They need to re uv map the tank as well, and unless they get the UV map looking exactly as it was before (they won't) -- re texture as well. Then you've got the ballistics calculations for the shorter barrel etc.

It might look like a very simple thing to do, but it's really not and I can't imagine they'll bother doing it. Maybe a modder will?

:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since it takes a lot of time to design the new vehicles. I hope that the additional vehicles really play a different role in the battlefield.

For instance a PZIV, PZII, STUG, TIGER would be a nice combination of different types of tanks for the germans.

Similarly T34, T60, SU76, KV1 would be a nice combination of different types of tanks for the soviets.

Basically Light,Medium,Assault,Heavy.

And to counter for the ****e heavy tank of the soviets, the germans get a SDKFZ halftrack and the soviets get a BT7 including the ability for tank riding for both teams.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to see some KV1 "Voroshilov" in the game ...
I acknowledge i do not know if there were many of those tanks in Stalingrad but it would be cool to have those monsters :IS2: .. as well as some ligh tanks for Germans as the Panzer 2 or 3 :p

(I know it is not fair, but war isn't faire and just :rolleyes:)

Thats ok, German Pioneers will be over that monster like fat kids on strawberry-cheescake, especially if there is an NCO around with some smoke grenades. :p

Upvote 0
Since it takes a lot of time to design the new vehicles. I hope that the additional vehicles really play a different role in the battlefield.

For instance a PZIV, PZII, STUG, TIGER would be a nice combination of different types of tanks for the germans.

Similarly T34, T60, SU76, KV1 would be a nice combination of different types of tanks for the soviets.

Basically Light,Medium,Assault,Heavy.

And to counter for the ****e heavy tank of the soviets, the germans get a SDKFZ halftrack and the soviets get a BT7 including the ability for tank riding for both teams.

I agree with this, how about the P3 instead of 2? MAybe the 2 is too weak....

Reactions: Tank!
Upvote 0
I agree with this, how about the P3 instead of 2? MAybe the 2 is too weak....

I think the pzII is more similar to the T60 thats why I put it there. Although there are clear differences between the pzIII and pzIV in a game like HOS they would nearly portray the same role.

A pzII and a pzIV would give more variety.

Last edited:
Upvote 0