• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Making maps in UDK 3 and porting them to 2.5

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Pretty much as the title describes ^

What I plan to do is make all the basic geometry in the latest UDK, but then transfer the geometry to the KF SDK and apply all the textures, meshes, zombievolumes, everything to the map there.

Is this possible?

I'm asking this because I am studying UDK 3 and I'm worried about the extreme differences in 3 and 2.5

Cheers for any help. :IS2:

Reactions: J.D.*
The only way I see it's possible is if you export all the UDK texs, import em to KF SDK, then copy fast from UDK to KF SDK.

Lol maybe you didnt read this :rolleyes:

What I plan to do is make all the basic geometry in the latest UDK, but then transfer the geometry to the KF SDK and apply all the textures, meshes, zombievolumes, everything to the map there.

This will be fine, since you are doing all your textures and crap in SDK, importing the brushes from UDK to SDK is pretty simple. Just copy paste :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This will be fine, since you are doing all your textures and crap in SDK, importing the brushes from UDK to SDK is pretty simple. Just copy paste :D

Literally just ctrl + c then ctrl + v? :confused: That makes it easy :D

Select all>RightClick> Order > Last

Right so even If I'm using additive brushes in the UDK, after I copy/paste my rooms over (rooms which I do by adding a block, then subtracting the inside out) I just do what you said and it's all fine and dandy? :IS2:

Excellent! Thanks for the help. :)

EDIT: Hang on, hang on, I'm in a bit of a niggle. I have a large mix of additions and subtractions in UDK but I'm seriously worried about what's gonna happen once I port them in. :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alrighty, I just attempted to copy/paste everything from UDK into KFSDK and I got a critical error and crash. :( (the map's geometry is far from finished)

Is there another importing method I can try? What If I were to make the map in UDK on the subtractive paradigm and then port it into KFSDK? :confused:

Upvote 0