• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Teller mines?

Triple C+P

Oct 6, 2010
I was wondering if Teller anti tank mines could be put into the game. I know that they were used very often by the Germans not only as anti tank mines but also as deadly traps too. The mines had three diffrent detonators. One on top, one on the bottom, and one on the side. The Germans used to put the mines up aganist walls and then they would attach a lenght of wire to the top detonator. So then they could get to a safe distance, then would pull the wire and seven and a half seconds later there would be a devestating explosion that would kill anything inside its blast radius. I know they used the mines like this in Italy and France but I don't know if they did the same on the eastern front.

I was thinking that the Teller mine could be used as an alternitive explosive device to the satchel charge for the combat engineer. I thought that it could be used sort of like the satchel charge by your guy placing it but then, attaching a wire to the detonator, then you could run away to a safe distance. Then you could pull the cord when you liked,maybe minimizing team kills, then there would be the delay and then the explosion.

This is my first thread ever so if I did anything wrong just let me know

Reactions: evulclown
You did one thing wrong, waiting so long with a great idea:p

The germans where really magicians with there Tellermines, watched a documentary on discovery about boobytraps. The germans even placed 2 Tellermines stack together in the ground, when an engineer tried to disable the first one, the second one underneath would explode. They where really creative with them.

Reactions: evulclown
Upvote 0
Don't we already have enough Anti-Tank equipment?

Stachels, AT rifles, whatever else...

We don't need that many epxlosives.

It would be a nice, more controlled version of a satchel charge. I give it a +1.
Just imagine Stalingrad-Kessel's first door near the Russian first spawn area, usually what happens is an engineer throws down a satchel charge, and some people go 'ooh candies!' and decide to crowd around it.
Those teamkills are mostly out of the hands of the engineer, who gets kicked for others crazy antics.
With what the OP suggested, the engineer could decide not to blow it, prevent being kicked from the server, and once all the nublets are clear of the blast area set off the bomb.

Upvote 0
If there were some way to counter the mines then yes this could be a pretty good idea. Maybe an explosion could be used to take out the mine from a distance (ie. grenades, tank shells) or shooting the mine could set it off or disable it (though less likely than explosions). These countermeasures are necessary to ensure that the enemy isn't forced to go the long way around mines every time they are able to spot them from a safe distance

And setting up these mines, especially with a manual detonator, should take some time. This is to prevent players from setting a mine EVERY time they spawn, which can get old real fast (ala COD claymores). Engineers should be setting traps before the enemy reaches the combat zone. And the detonator cord should have a reasonable limit to its length, as well as be visible to the enemy if they are perceptive enough

You should also have the ablility to bury mines to hide them better, at the risk of taking more time to set them.

Upvote 0
Mines have already been discussed.

Mines being placed in a battlefield setting where artillery is being dropped and shots are being fired is gamey and silly. You would not have the time or the ability to sit there and conceal a mine in the midst of a warzone.

Those kinds of defenses take time. Next, should we discuss the ability to place field artillery pieces and dig trenches in the middle of combat?

Upvote 0