• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon loadouts and guns I would like to see.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
I read that PPsh41's were usually carried with 1 drum in the gun and with pouches of magazines, I would like to see this implemented in HoS....

Also the PPD that was so widely available in many early RO maps wasn't produced in large numbers, so should be limited to higher classes and shouldn't take up half the assault classes.

Also the MP41 was only really used by SS and police units, and should be yet another rarity in Stalingrad.

ALSO GUNS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE (as a rarity, since they have the MKB42 and AVT)

G41 with 25 round magazine, although it was a rarity,

PPS42 predessor to PPS43, another "rare" gun

Browning Hi Power for Germans

Buttstock version of Luger

Mauser C96 for Russians, since they had used it in Civil War, should yet another RARITY!

If these "rare" guns stay rare and are limited in number it can actually be kind of cool, as long as they're RARE, alot of these guns are either modified versions of preexisting guns or are predecessors to guns that would have to be developed anyway for late war maps.
Also I would like to see different variations of the same guns, like more rugged and worn or newer versions of a gun ETC, I think they already mentioned this but they haven't really talked about it, I don't want everytime I use an MG42 for it too be scratched to hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redit
Just a "once in a while thing" like you would have to be a certain rank and class and then there could be only one of that gun per map.

Like only an elite assault could use a PPS or an elite platoon commander could use a browning hi power.
That's alot of work for a "once in a while thing." Just because the gun is rare doesn't mean it requires less modelling, animation, coding, and testing.

Upvote 0
Is the Maxim going to be in for the Russkies?

maxim.jpg

Upvote 0
That's alot of work for a "once in a while thing." Just because the gun is rare doesn't mean it requires less modelling, animation, coding, and testing.

But as I mentioned these guns are either variations of preexisting guns or guns that will be used for later maps.

Like the MKB42 can be modified to an MP44 for later war maps when they need too.

Upvote 0
But as I mentioned these guns are either variations of preexisting guns or guns that will be used for later maps.

Like the MKB42 can be modified to an MP44 for later war maps when they need too.

depending on how the heros system changes the looks of guns (if it does) it would seem its still alot of work for not much gain.

to me atleast i wouls like thinhs like not all mp40s having the same chip in the paint :)

Upvote 0
depending on how the heros system changes the looks of guns (if it does) it would seem its still alot of work for not much gain.

to me atleast i wouls like thinhs like not all mp40s having the same chip in the paint :)

Yeah some guns can be beat to hell but some are brand new.

TWI interactive mentioned that raw recruits will have old beatup guns while heroes will have brand new guns, I'd like to see this REVERSED!

Upvote 0
I read that PPsh41's were usually carried with 1 drum in the gun and with pouches of magazines, I would like to see this implemented in HoS....

Something I have mentioned long ago. To "balance them out":

Magazines = quicker reloading, more overall ammo/mags.

Drums = less reloading, but slower reloads.

And then also have the option of having one drum and a few mags.

As for the rest, some of those would be very rare. I'd rather see the current weapons have more detail put into them. An example would be animating the adjustable sights.

Quality over quantity.

Upvote 0